Sign in to follow this  
iani

Emerald ECU & Spartan Wideband Sensor

I have my TR6 engine running with the Emerald K6 ECU & Jenvey Throttle bodies, my AFR is really rich at idle, c. 11. I have a spartan wideband controller connected but the ECU shows it as a simple O2 sensor, I manually select wideband controller but there is no option to write the change back to the ECU, any thoughts?

I should add that there are settings for this controller supplied by Emerald, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the settings however, I'll take it up with Emerald.

Turns out there is a contradiction between the wiring list supplied and the K6 manual, once I moved the O2 sensor input wire to the correct terminal the readings improved significantly, I can't get it to run in closed-loop or adaptive mode though, despite a lot of tinkering with the parameters.

Another issue I have is with the low injector use &, they are idling around 3%and only getting up to c. 8% with higher RPM, I spoke with Jenvey at the NEC today and they suggested I try 250cc injectors, not an expense I'm keen on having only recently bought these TB's complete with injectors, note that Jenvey have only offered a smaller size for a month or so. Perhaps I can find some S/H Bosch 250 cc injectors.

What flow are your current injectors rated at?  If you are going down to 250cc, I assume something over 300?  That is big for a Triumph 6.  To give you an idea, I used Vauxhall Omega V6 ones on my PI (028 155 712, EV6 style), which have a rated flow of 204 cc/min at 3 Bar - but I was only running a fuel pressure of 2.5 Bar, so 170 cc/min in practice.  That was enough for nearly 150bhp and they were not maxed out.  So the other way of increasing injector duty cycle is to drop the fuel rail pressure as the flow rate is directly proportional to the pressure.  I wouldn't be keen to go much below 2.5Bar though as the spray pattern/atomisation may start to suffer.

What style of injector do the the Jenveys use?

Can't comment on the Emerald ECU as I have had no contact with them at all.

The injectors appear to be:  "Genuine Bosch EV14 injector 350cc/min compact extended. Single spray with a 20 degree included angle cone. Good for 250 BHP in a 4 cylinder engine or 63 BHP per cylinder at 3 bar" I need to open up one of the TB's to confirm they are the extended ones, if so I have found a source of similar model 237cc @ 3Bar injectors at a good price and will get a set of those. When I ordered the TB's from Emerald I did ask their advice and they didn't raise any concerns over the injector sizing, it's rather annoying to have spend more on another set.

It is disappointing that you weren’t properly advised at time of purchase. You should be able to sell the ones that you have though.