Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

It's Halloween! Your stories/horrors

Would you buy this for your kids to wear for Halloween?    It's a 'gingerbreadman' costume.

Image result for halloween gingerbread man costume

The gimp mask makes it REALLY scarey!

John

I don't think I need a costume, in the final throes of drydocking which has resulted in a 16 hour day yesterday, alarms all night then another 16 hour today.

Ohh, and all this in 34°C heat with 70% humidity, and lots of stairs/ladder climbing.

And the same again for the next several days, however already my frazzled look removes the need for a costume :laugh::laugh:

Phil

21 minutes ago, thebrookster said:

I don't think I need a costume, in the final throes of drydocking which has resulted in a 16 hour day yesterday, alarms all night then another 16 hour today.

Ohh, and all this in 34°C heat with 70% humidity, and lots of stairs/ladder climbing.

And the same again for the next several days, however already my frazzled look removes the need for a costume :laugh::laugh:

Phil

OT: Curious, why drydocking has something fallen off and is it a routine inspection?

Mike

This topic is Gingerbreadman'ist.

You know when you have been Tango'd.

Alan

OK, so my nightmare/tale of horror precedes this evening ( but then I've always dismissed Halloween as a cunning American marketing ploy).

My TR3 has been in hospital for an extended period (in a well known and well regarded private clinic in Somerset), undergoing extensive mechanical surgery to engine, gearbox, wiring loom etc etc. This has resulted in us missing the  CT French Tour - we did it in the modern, which was not the same at all,  and pulling out of the 10CR completely  - just not right to do it in a BMW! So suffice to say a frustrating, TR-less summer.

Then 3 weeks ago, whilst in London at a work do, this happened. I neatly split my kneecap in two. Needless to say, two days afterwards, I had a call to say that the car was ready for collection!

We're all back home now. One in the peak of fitness and raring to go and the other feeling rather sorry for himself!20191031_213053.thumb.jpg.c028515fac8d51a57613b8f9af528b2b.jpg

6 hours ago, mpbarrett said:

OT: Curious, why drydocking has something fallen off and is it a routine inspection?

Mike

Five yearly inspection. It allows us to do things like replace anodes in sea chests, inspect propellor and shaft, repaint the hull etc etc.

Phil

11 hours ago, Sidescreen Ben said:

OK, so my nightmare/tale of horror precedes this evening ( but then I've always dismissed Halloween as a cunning American marketing ploy).

My TR3 has been in hospital for an extended period (in a well known and well regarded private clinic in Somerset), undergoing extensive mechanical surgery to engine, gearbox, wiring loom etc etc. This has resulted in us missing the  CT French Tour - we did it in the modern, which was not the same at all,  and pulling out of the 10CR completely  - just not right to do it in a BMW! So suffice to say a frustrating, TR-less summer.

Then 3 weeks ago, whilst in London at a work do, this happened. I neatly split my kneecap in two. Needless to say, two days afterwards, I had a call to say that the car was ready for collection!

We're all back home now. One in the peak of fitness and raring to go and the other feeling rather sorry for himself!20191031_213053.thumb.jpg.c028515fac8d51a57613b8f9af528b2b.jpg

Ben

Get yourself down to Stuart. I am sure he can fix you!

Miles

Hope it looks more like this now, Ben!

Image result for repair patellar fracture

We have the technology: we can rebuild him, make him better, stronger, faster!   Go, Ben!

Edited by JohnD

12 hours ago, Sidescreen Ben said:

Ouch....... :ohmy: how on earth did that happen?

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Hope it looks more like this now, Ben!

Image result for repair patellar fracture

We have the technology: we can rebuild him, make him better, stronger, faster!   Go, Ben!

It does indeed and the physio has started. Still very swollen and sore 

1 hour ago, Nick Jones said:

Ouch....... :ohmy: how on earth did that happen?

I just fell over on the pavement outside the hotel, nothing dramatic, must have just caught it wrong and pop!

Back to Halloween.   I put out my turnip tattybogle candle lamp (pumpkins are for wimps and Americans) and had five groups of little kids, with their parent neighbours, to scare with my 'real witches broom' (why should they have all the fun?)and give treats to.

And two 16? year olds, in Chainsaw Massacre costume, not from around here.      Discovered this morning that they visited my (more elderly than I am) neighbour, and she found them really scarey.     There should be an age limit on 'Trick or Treating'.

John

Edited by JohnD