Jigsaw Racing in Recievership

SP

Oh no!     Knew Mark had been ill, he had posted so on Facebook, but not that it was affecting the business.   Seemed to have progressed beyond the one-man band level.

Sadness, sympathy and wishes for better health.

John

Had a few run in's with Mark, but respected what they were trying to do selling performance parts for our cars.

Getting fewer and fewer sources for parts these days which is a big shame.

There was a rumour Dave at Canley was retiring, was that wrong? were they bought out? or is he still going?

Edited by mattius

Mark has posted on the Jigsaw Facebook page, to confirm this.   A sad day, for Mark and Jo, all their staff, and for Triumph.    Jigsaw made a real impact, for us and for Historic racing.   I wish Mark all the best and for better health soon.

John

Edited by JohnD

That's not good news.

Had only limited contact with Mark, but whenever I did he was unfailingly pleasant and helpful, whether in person or on the phone.   I wish them all the best possible outcome.

There's been talk of Dave retiring for a number of years now though never been sure how true it was.  I imagine he'd like to find someone to take the business on, which might be a bit of a challenge as to a fair extent, he is the business!

from his FB page: 
"Today I have to write to all of our fantastic customers and colleagues
That due to my continued health issues
We have had to take the very hard decision to place our company
Into voluntary liquidation
Our business we have loved for the passed twenty five years
Will close its doors with myself and jo at the helm on the 31st of October
I write this with tears of emotion for the job I loved
My feet don’t work like they should which means I am unable to work in a busy work shop environment as I have done all these years
Thank you all
I hope to still be involved in the triumph scene albeit in a lesser capacity
Mark jo"

• 11 months later...

Dear Gentlemen,

I read about Jigsaw Racing Services om this forum.

I'm a Mark customer, and I was in contact with him for some special parts on a project that is now restarted in Italy.

I would like to ask you if there is any contact with Mark, or someone that take over Jigsaw Racing business and assets.

Many thank for helping and best regards.

Lorenzo.

From what I have seen, anything to do with Jigsaw has been taken by the liquidators, although he seems to have a supply of goodies that he is selling on eBay.

Any money or goods given to Jigsaw will be just about impossible to get back.

His eBay seller page is here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/lemans-r?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I would be cautious buying, and only via eBay or using a credit card (assuming you have card refund rules the same as ours)