Sign in to follow this  
yorkshire_spam

New boots on the back of the Spitfire

I noticed recently that (particularly in the wet) the back end on the Spitfire wasn't holding the road as well as I'd like.

I did some research and shopped around and ended up with a pair of Falken Sincera SN832 Ecorun (175/70 R13 ), they were the only wet grip "A" rating tyres I could find in 175/70 R13.
Including mobile fitting, balancing etc. I paid 115 for the pair, so not much more that the cost of Chinese ditch-finders.

First impressions are good, but I'll report back further when I've put some more miles on them.

You won't be disappointed! After Nicks experiences, I bought them for the back of the family pug107. I get to drive it occasionally, and I have tested the tyres more than other family members. They are way better than the previous (dreadful) HiFly tyres, and indeed the contis that are now on the front.

Just deciding on what to wack on the lady wifes new (19 year old) MX5. Currently 10 year old Michelins on one side, the other side is 5 year old matching Michelins...bought in April this year:sad: I would have taken them back.

I too have fitted Falken Sincera SN832 Ecorun on my Spitfire (165/80/13) based upon Nick's and Greta's experiences and I've been very impressed with them, both in wet and dry conditions.

Surprisingly, Halfords Auto Fitting Centres (via Black Circles) were the cheapest and gave first class service.

I think the Falkens are unbeatable at the price for general use. Not perhaps ideal for dry weather track days (bit soft and squirmy) but that isn’t what they are intended for.