Sign in to follow this  
PeteStupps

A very expensive Triumph

Okay, I'm ready for the bricks flying in my direction, so.....

... the price can only be a factor of its rarity.  In my 'umble opinion, the Italia is pretty, but not that pretty, especially when there are some truly gorgeous cars of the period available for similar money or less... Aurelia B20 saloon, Alfa Giulietta Sprint, Aprilia Sport 1500, even the Fiat 2300S... the list goes on.

Paul

Beauty is entirely in the beholder's eye, and so is desirablity and 'value'

The painting "Salvator Mundi" sold for $450 MILLION, when to my eye it is a dire daub, clearly not by the Master's hand, although it uses some of his techniques (the globe, the hand - but not the face!   I'm not in that market, either.

Image result for salvator mundi

JOhn

1 hour ago, PaulAA said:

... the price can only be a factor of its rarity.  In my 'umble opinion, the Italia is pretty, but not that pretty

Agreed.  I can think of many things I'd rather spend that money on.  However, there seem to be many people who consider that kind of money as small change......:ermm:

Same goes for the "art".....

On this subject (sort of), I would commend a most excellent resource of images on Instagram, called 'auto_atrocities'

A whole gallery of images that bring to mind Clarkson's reference to the SsongYang: "... looks like it was bottled in the pub and sewn back together by a blind surgeon"