The party's over

PeterC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the Eygtian position has always been clear, but, there are very many pointers that the building work was done very much earlier.

The Grand Pyramid weighs about 6 million tonnes

How did they get the upper stones into place?

Each corner of the phe pyramid is within 30 minutes of square (between 89.5 degrees and90.5 degrees)

The top stone centre point is plumb square above the centre of the base

Read; 

https://grahamhancock.com/fingerprints/

https://grahamhancock.com/keeper-of-genesis/

Then ask yourself these again plus the other 101 questions you will have.

3 hours ago, Janner said:

Each corner of the phe pyramid is within 30 minutes of square (between 89.5 degrees and90.5 degrees)

The top stone centre point is plumb square above the centre of the base

And they're aligned with the stars, or something.  Personally  I don't particularly find that mysterious or even clever, they had a lot of time and a lot of manpower and not much else to do with it, would be my guess ;)

This is why I also couldn't watch time team.... 

Baldrick: "How could the Romans possibly have dug a canal so straight?"
Me (shouting at the tv): "'kin 'ell, it's not *that* hard is it?  Just say you want it straight and execute anyone who's digging deviates from the line, they'll soon learn"

:) Only half joking.

6 hours ago, richy_rich said:

And they're aligned with the stars, or something.  Personally  I don't particularly find that mysterious or even clever, they had a lot of time and a lot of manpower and not much else to do with it, would be my guess ;)

This is why I also couldn't watch time team.... 

Baldrick: "How could the Romans possibly have dug a canal so straight?"
Me (shouting at the tv): "'kin 'ell, it's not *that* hard is it?  Just say you want it straight and execute anyone who's digging deviates from the line, they'll soon learn"

:) Only half joking.

Except that, from an engineering perspective it would be extremely difficult doing it in 2019, using all the latest cutting, alignment and lifting equipment at our disposal.

How did the Egyptians do it with crude chisels, basic, mechanical measuring equipment, wheels and rollers?

2,300,000 separate blocks

Largest; between 7 and 10 tonnes

Smallest; approx 1 tonne

The Great Pyramid is 456ft high, how did they get the top blocks into place and maintain accuracy? 

The 'point' at the top of the Pyramid is PLUMB centre over the square formed by the base of the pyramid

Doing this today is possible, but difficult . . . . .but 5000+ years ago?

I don't doubt that it was done, I have seen it with my own eyes, I've been there.  

What I am asking is how?  . . . . . A believable Engineering solution

John

54 minutes ago, PeterC said:

Light travels in straight lines ( within reason) and they had lots of sun.....pinhole theodolites ? And perhaps Pythagoras was not first. Just  a guess.

17 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Terry Pratchett wrote about how to build a pyramid.

Roger

Both true gents, but, my original questions remain;

2,300,000 separate blocks

Largest; between 7 and 10 tonnes

Smallest; approx 1 tonne

The Great Pyramid is 456ft high, how did they get the top blocks into place and maintain accuracy? 

The 'point' at the top of the Pyramid is PLUMB centre over the square formed by the base of the pyramid

Doing this today is possible, but difficult . . . . .but 5000+ years ago?

On top of this, remember the supreme accuracy, the huge weights, the height . . . .how did this job get done, to a level of accuracy that even today, would be difficult . . . . Easy to theorise, yes, but to DO?

8 minutes ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

Basic geometry, taking their time and a bit of labour. It's not magic.

Can basic geometry and time, lift blocks of stone weighing between 1 and 3 tonnes, over 400ft into the air?

Could basic geometry ensure that the corners of the virtually perfect square base of the structure,  are all perfectly square?

Could basic geometry position the point of the top stone, 456ft above the base, absolutely perfectly above the centre point of the square base? Some that would be both costly and very difficult today (not the calculation, but the physical doing)

I have to say, as an Engineer, I would argue that the answer to each of the above is no.

Hello All

The easy answer is visitors from another planet will all the stuff I see in the films?

Plus why do some of the early cave drawings show beings with circles/globes over their heads? 

They can not all be early Christian halos!

Roger

I will get my coat and hard hat now!

To keep things sensible;

I'm not making claims I'm really, just asking questions.  Questions to which there are only pat, general answers, at best,  or, the Egyptian authorities refuse to acknowledge.

For example;

One theory suggests the use of a soil ramp to allow stones to be dragged up on rollers

If a soil or mud ramp were used to get the stones up the pyramid, the calculations suggets that a ramp weighing in excess of 5 million tonnes would be needed to get to the top.  OK, but . . .

What did they use for the ramp? Not sand, that's for sure

Where did the material for the ramp come from, but, more important, where did it go?

It sure as hell isn't on Giza or anywhere near it.

Today, when we have huge amounts of spoil, we landscape it.  In Welsh Wales, they filled valleys with mining spoil.

So what was done with the 5+ million tonnes of spoil at Giza?

Another one☺

Most of the stones have been carved so accurately, the mating flat faces ore so flat, you can't get a fag paper between thm

Lovely work, sure, but, again, how?

Not necessarily looking for answer (daft, funny or otherwise) but, if you have a view . . . . . . . 

John

I don't know and I haven't given it much thought but could this work?

1) You get your stones there somehow - probably either by boat on canals that have long since been filled in - think Docklands, London or on sleds across the sand.

2) You build the base, making sure it's perfectly square by, er, measuring out the length of the sides you want.

3) You climb up on the base and set up a pivoting lever on one corner (or all corners) you use this to lift stones onto the base to build the next layer.

4) Repeat 3 until at the top.

2 hours ago, Janner said:

Most of the stones have been carved so accurately, the mating flat faces ore so flat, you can't get a fag paper between thm

Are they?  Photo evidence would indicate otherwise, they seem a right mess of sizes and shapes to me.

Like this?   Not saying it would have been easy, but it was clearly possible (as proved by the fact that they're there).

As long as your lever could slide and pivot enough to cover 1/4 of the base surface you'd be fine, then you could leave one in place on each level to lift stuff up from the ground as you progressed and build some new (smaller) ones on the next level

Capture.PNG.90000f597ea59ab77485d17ef3895bbb.PNG