Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Triumph Weekend Stratford 16. - 18. August

Hi,

I will be in England for a long weekend. Anybody there to put faces to names?

Cheers

Martin

Not me I'm afraid..... but feel free to call in if you are passing by...… (not really on the way to the ports though!)

Martin,

I'll be there demonstrating my crank damper test system - look for me in the open air trade area - and I've previously proposed that message board users get together in the evening at the bar: http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/8069-inter-club-triumph-weekend/&tab=comments#comment-112448

I'll be in the bar on Friday and Saturday evenings, 1800-1900.       That will leave you free to go to the Disco, you lucky people.   Me, I'd rather fill my ears with cement, as that's how a disco leaves me afterwards.

Look out for this sign:

Board

Meet Up

John

I'm a fairweather camper so shall be there if rain is not.  Look for a tatty silver TR6 with an excrescence on the bonnet hiding the blower.

Peter

Assuming no serious rain I will be there, probably all weekend. Yellow mkIV Spit, club triumph sticker thingy across the windscreen. Zetec under the bonnet, but that usually stays shut. (Kiss of death)

Edited by zetecspit

I will drive to Calais Thursday evening and cross the channel in the early morning on Friday by train and leave Stratford on Sunday afternoon.

The bar on Friday / Saturday at 6pm is a good idea. And for sure I will come to the trade open air area.

I will not go for camping, I took a B&B in Stratford. Too old for an air mattress :).

I will not come in a Triumph. My hope was to get the Estate ready, but I´m still struggling to get it road legal.

@Nick: yes Sommerset not on the straight line to the tunnel, but lets see, Devon / Cornwall on the holiday list next year.

Martin

As mentioned I will be demonstrating my crank damper testing system in the trade area.     My permit for this comes with some weekend tickets.

I could do with a hand to unload the engine rig and erect the event shelter.   Help will  be appreciated, and will earn an entry ticket (or two)!

Contact me, pleae, any willing volunteers!

John 

Edited by JohnD

I was hoping to visit (just me - the TR6 doesn't qualify as cabin baggage, apparently), but work and other inconvenient bits of life got in the way.

Stratford, eh... I went to school at KES and sat my A Levels in Big School, where, allegedly, Shakespeare was educated.  I celebrated my eighteenth birthday in The Windmill on Chapel Street, contributed to the fertilization of the shrubbery on New Place Gardens and had the distinction of being thrown out of The Swan, The Falcon and The Garrick before leaving school.

It took me another four years to be thrown out of a bar again, in Washington DC.

Have fun

Paul

We'll take the ferry from Hoek van Holland to Newhaven on Thursday and we'll stay in a Hotel outside of Stratford.

Leaving Stratford on Sunday and return via Harwich and the Netherlands.

I'll try to be in the bar on Friday evening :yes:

JC

On 8/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, JohnD said:

Martin,

Look out for this sign:

Board

Meet Up

John

Well, I'm here at the bar, by the sign.  No takers so far.  You have five minutes!

John

Indeed Roger, glad to see you again for a chat!

Perhaps the location and prominence of my stand made it easier - the message board meetup in the bar was a big bust!      I met another Roger, who had flown in, en route from Omaha to the Aaland Islands where he lives - Hey-do, Roger!   At least one face I can now put to a message board name!

And Leon Guyot!    Also flown in from America's far fabled West Coast, and his International Triumph Vitesse Facebook page.    Looking about as English as can be, in tweed, it was good to see you too,  Leon!

Also honoured by a visit from Chris Gunby, TSSC Chair, who chaffed me for my previous online and in print complaints that Triumph clubs could never work together.     He expected congratulations for the achievement of an Interclub, TRR/TSSC Weekend, and I sincerely do so, Chris!        Stags and Saloons next, your work is far from done!

John (a prophet without honour in his own land)

John

I wanted to have a chat with you but you sent me away because of insurance in no polite way,never mind

Neil, 

What?

I apologise, profusely!     I had strict instructions from the TRR/TSSC organisers and my Public Liability Insurers (which the first insisted on, at significant cost!) that spectators must be separated from the engine rig.     I put posts on the perimeter of my shelter to try and do that, by giving them a clue that there was an exclusion zone, so when people stepped in without my invitation, I felt I had to ask them to go back.  "Sent away" is bit strong!     Had you stayed around, I would have been glad to invite you to step closer, to see my computer screen in particular.

John

John

No problem to be fair I was there early doors and you had just set up,I hope others showed interest in you project, I am away for the next fortnight so if ok I will be in touch with you on my return.

No probs, Neil, be glad to speak to you, receive emails.

Also glad to say, my comment that the photo was taken in a brief moment without people at my stand was true!  Lots of interest, we'll see if I get sent dampers for testing, but I'm ready to roll!

John

I had a lot of chats and met so many "faces" where I only have seen the names in forums up to now. Thanks John for the explanations of the damper topic.

It was good to have attended the event. 

Martin