GT6 with differences

I saw that a few years ago at the SEM. Had some interesting ideas, but got the feeling it was a case of "Could we" rather than "should" with some stuff. Did a good job of packaging it all in the car.

Andy cook is big on gt6s and details. He may have more pics/details.

They really did throw everything they could at the car!  Some very interesting ideas there, especially the push-rod, inboard spring front suspension, that uses the space in front of the engine made available by moving that back for balance.    But that adds weght to the front of the car, and minimally if at all moves it inboard, while the actual suspension hasn't changed - didn't need to be!    Unequal length wishbones are still the sine qua non of even F1 practice.

Can't see, no pics, what has been done to the rear.   Anyone know?

John

37 minutes ago, zetecspit said:

but got the feeling it was a case of "Could we" rather than "should we" with some stuff

Absolutely. 

Very little info on the rear apart from some prattle from the journalist who seems to think that a Mk2 GT6 had swing axles to start with.  Think I saw mention of a Sierra LSD in one article I found on it.

Trans tunnel rather large (and no doubt needs to be with 6 speed box and moved back) but serves to make the small cabin space even less.