Chance of a life time

Hamish

I have a mate with a few ! Classic Lamborghini s 

and he had arranged a Northwest (England) Lamborghini club meeting 

he and his wife are so generous they invited a few of us to drive 5 !!!! of his collection, they took the countach 

he let me drive  his white Miura 

what a wonderful classic it is with a reasonable clutch pressure and light steering. 

A dream come true. 

9CBB773D-4C68-43E1-8C3C-8E4C74ABF75F.jpeg

D37B11B7-005D-4DB1-9746-249556A42C84.jpeg

E142BCB1-123A-4ED7-81FE-2CC841E00D8A.jpeg

38DED19A-97CF-4B88-AA1F-1FB7EE7B9E24.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Always worth having a few mates like that! 

I have a good friend (different league though) who has a DB6 Volante. When I visit or we tour he always lets me drive it on the basis that he can drive it any time.

Miles

That's not a cheesy enough grin, Hamish - you must be getting used to it!

I have a mate with 1930 Bentley three-and-a-half litre.  Okay, calling him a mate is a bit of an exaggeration, especially as he shows signs of nervous discomfort whenever I get within touching distance of it.  He has not let me drive it.  Nor, come to think of it, even sit in it.  In fact, I've just realised that he's not a mate.  He's just somebody I let tag along in front of me when I go for a drive in the TR.

Paul

11 hours ago, PaulAA said:

That's not a cheesy enough grin, Hamish - you must be getting used to it!

I have a mate with 1930 Bentley three-and-a-half litre.  Okay, calling him a mate is a bit of an exaggeration, especially as he shows signs of nervous discomfort whenever I get within touching distance of it.  He has not let me drive it.  Nor, come to think of it, even sit in it.  In fact, I've just realised that he's not a mate.  He's just somebody I let tag along in front of me when I go for a drive in the TR.

Paul

I once owned a DB2.4 with the last engine Bentley 'designed'....very nearly swapped it for a spare TR engine. Awful, and a potential money pit. ..which is what your 'mate' worries about. "Fastest lorry in the world"

Peter