Rotoflex cv conversion oiter joint help

Hi im doing a cv conversion using the rover 100 shafts and the mgf wheel bearings.  When I bought the rover 100 shafts they came with 1 outer cv joint.  This one clears the upright and works fine so I bought a pair of new rover 100 outer cv joints.  However when they came the outer diameter is bigger and locks up on the upright when the nut is tightened.  So next I tried some mgf ones.  They are the correct outer diameter but the wrong shape and also lock up on the upright when the hub nut is tightened.  Does anyone know what the correct joint to use is?

Cheers 

Thanks for the reply the rear of the upright was skimmed as per the diagram  there is 3mm of difference in the cv joints so quite alot of material would have to be removed from the upright.  Also its all built up so I would rather not have to stip it all down again.

Cheers

20190518_162224.jpg

The OE CVs fit fine when the link has been opened out as per the drawing and I think the R100 and MGF outer CVs are the same part though the ABS tooth equipped ones are much more common on the MGF (never seen an ABS-equipped R100 although they do exist in theory).

Aftermarket parts are another matter. I’ve not had many through my hands, but all that I’ve seen personally have also been fine. I have had a couple of people come to me with the same issue as you though, so clearly there is some variation. I also had comment from one gentleman with a racing GT6 that he’d broken two new aftermarket CVs. I supplied him with a couple of used OE ones which seem to have survived 

• 9 months later...
46 minutes ago, hardhatharry said:

What is the reason for doing this mod?

Replacing the rubber donuts with CV joints? 

Because the decent rotoflex couplings are LOADS of cash, and a CV jointed shaft is better!

I went a stage further and fitted a CV rotoflex conversion to my spitfire. But if it were not for using a subaru differential (which has to use CV shafts) I would have happily used the spitfire swingspring.