Rear trunnion bush quality

Hi,

while upgrading my son's Spitfire rear trunnions with bigger needle bearings, I'm having problems with a new set of std. Nylon trunnion bushes.

The metal tubes are rough and abrasive

the dark blue nylon bushes have more play against the tubes, than the original ones

Theese rubber sealings are too small and can't be fit between the flange of the nylon bush and the inner shield

Unfortunately Icanot reuse the old nylon bushes because I've lost one of the four.

What is the best source for these rear trunnion bushes? 

I thought of Superflex without these flimsy rubber rings, but PU is softer than Nylon and might be the wrong material for the trunnion

Cheers

Patrick

1 hour ago, roulli said:

I thought of Superflex without these flimsy rubber rings, but PU is softer than Nylon and might be the wrong material for the trunnion

Superflex use a much harder grade of PU for these parts - pretty much as hard as the nylon.

If you can find NOS quality then great...… but not so easy now...… everyone wants them because the modern "equivalents" are just rubbish.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Martin's source in the US is great. Takes some time though to get them over the pond.

If I had a friend with a lathe, he wouldn't be my friend for very long, since I'd need his service about twice a week...with all that crap we're confronted  with   :wallbash:

Cheers

Patrick

32 minutes ago, triumphlux said:

I have a lathe but already 3 month behind schedule with the planned work on my cars this year :rolleyes:

But as far as I can remember I have the Superflex ones on my Spitfire since I restored it over 10 years ago :thumbsup:

https://www.superflex.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=SF375-1850KSS

JC

I know, that's why I didn't ask you in the first place...

Currently no NOS kit on sale in EU

Will talk to Marke & Ertel tomorrow, they have a "highest quality" on sale. If that's clueless, then I'll walk for the Superflex

Patrick