Tough decisions

Chippy63

28 minutes ago, Chippy63 said:

That's cos the stag sleeps in the garage, the other 2 are house trained.lol

The oil marks on my drive are due to incontinent VAG products (they are geriatrics to be fair) not Triumphs. The A8 was especially drippy..... but that’s widdling on someone else’s land now :biggrin: Still going though; saw it the other day - heard it first, the exhaust has been, err, altered and it sounds like the muscle car it really is :blink:

8 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

The oil marks on my drive are due to incontinent VAG products (they are geriatrics to be fair) not Triumphs. The A8 was especially drippy..... but that’s widdling on someone else’s land now :biggrin: Still going though; saw it the other day - heard it first, the exhaust has been, err, altered and it sounds like the muscle car it really is :blink:

Light muscle car at that. Mostly Aluminium I believe. My mate had one

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, Chippy63 said:

Light muscle car at that. Mostly Aluminium I believe. My mate had one

Yes, shell is all aluminium.  About 1700 kg IIRC.  300 bhp and AWD......  6.9secs to 60, but just keeps on going after that........ accelerates like a jet on take-off run - relentless.  I never found the end of it...... or even close...... as apparently they are limited to 155......  And this was a well-used and somewhat distressed example.  The S8 (D2) has 365 bhp and is shorter geared so 0 - 60 in 5.4 seconds.

If I had another it would be the 2.8 2WD.  Only 193 bhp but also only about 1450kgs, so still respectably rapid (low 8s to 60) and just as good at wafting around.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, Nick Jones said:

A work colleague has a 1500 Maxi that leaks like the Amoco Cadiz.

She reckons its where the gear shift cables go into the gearbox and has shown me photos of past owners bodges to fix it.

Can always see where she has parked and with a bit of knowledge can tell how long ago:blush:

Adrian