Chassis Wax

Hello All

That,s me and Spitty rust proofed and waterproofed? for another year

I apply chassis wax every year after the winter rebuild/modifying etc

I have been doing it for about 8 years? I have lost count how many litres have been used but it must weigh more now?

Plus I suppose it would burn well? plus I do not go out in the winter salt etc(but I hate body work give me engines and gearboxes etc any day)

Roger

ps a few photos from our recent trip to Kenya

P1030829.JPG

P1030884.JPG

P1040062.JPG

P1040506.JPG

P1040627.JPG

P1050374.JPG

P1050619.JPG

P1050772.JPG

P1050817.JPG

P1060041.JPG

Lilac breasted roller...... I’ve got a nice pic of one in Kruger.

Toyota make vehicles for different markets according to local need and legislation. Land Rover couldn’t be arsed (too busy chasing the footballer market) and left them an open goal.

PS love the pic of the Memsahib and the disembodied giraffes head!

and a leopard sat in the shade of a land cruiser........ I’ve never seen a whole leopard in the wild, just odd bits hanging out of trees (presumably attached to whole, working, but mostly invisible leopards)

2 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Lilac breasted roller...... I’ve got a nice pic of one in Kruger.

Toyota make vehicles for different markets according to local need and legislation. Land Rover couldn’t be arsed (too busy chasing the footballer market) and left them an open goal.

PS love the pic of the Memsahib and the disembodied giraffes head!

and a leopard sat in the shade of a land cruiser........ I’ve never seen a whole leopard in the wild, just odd bits hanging out of trees (presumably attached to whole, working, but mostly invisible leopards)

Hello Nick 

I try to do the David Baily bit! (I try to get photos not snaps? but I do take a lot of rubbish )

I think the biggest problem is most people use the screen not the view finder!!!!!???? so you do not get what you think? plus I do crop as you can not get a good photo on the hoof but you can tweak it before showing!

Roger

ps a few more 

DSC08647.JPG

DSC08714.JPG

DSC08763.JPG

DSC09061.JPG

DSC09074.JPG

DSC09095.JPG

P1030820.JPG

P1030858.JPG

P1030911.JPG

P1030882.JPG

P1040009.JPG

3 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Treetops huh? Jealous me.....

Great photos - I’m enjoying them.

I note that African driving, especially HGV driving hasn’t improved much in the last 40 years....... We saw some shockers in our travels, especially in Nigeria in the 70s

Hello Nick

Its not the original one that is the other side of the mud hole.(we were shown a room the Queen used on a later visit)

There was only our group of 15 there!

Here is me making fire?

The last accommodation was a bit of a dos house with no views!

Plus eating 3 meals a day is hard work but I suppose I should do my share(its only fair?) 

DSC09018.JPG

DSC09029.JPG

DSC09042.JPG

DSC09043.JPG

DSC09046.JPG

DSC09064.JPG

DSC09067.JPG