Sign in to follow this  
RedRooster

Away for paint

After nearly 8 years of work finally away for paint, anyone guess what it is?

Nick, your not allowed to comment as you know.

RR

IMAG3129.jpg

12 hours ago, RedRooster said:

After nearly 8 years of work finally away for paint, anyone guess what it is?

Nick, your not allowed to comment as you know.

RR

IMAG3129.jpg

Is it a Sunbeam Tiger?

Adrian

You lucky boy! 

One drove past me at a show last summer, even at walking pace it made the ground shake.

I hope you will keep the pictures coming as work progresses.

Think this one may hurt your ears as well :-)

I've a thread on STOC, bit out of date as i ran out of money for a while, anyway to see it properly you will need a fix for photo bucket. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon

But basically i bought a crashed and burnt out Tiger that was badly shot blasted then left in a damp lock up in Birmingham for years and years, which came with boxes and boxes of parts, got my head around where most of them go now.

http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1043

RR

Interesting.  Fire damage notwithstanding seems like it was a pretty good shell - I've seen pics of shockingly rotten Alpines......

I suppose a coyote lump is too big for the hole...... and it's likely scary enough anyway!

All that modern gubins wouldn't fit in, anyway the engine is more than a match for a Coyote.

Its got a one off cam made specifically for me as i changed the firing order, or should say reverted to the original firing order from back in the day which is why the modern 302's sound like boats as thats the firing order they use.

Turn the volume up.

Had the last suspension wishbone thread go during the rebuild, the whole front suspension design is bizarre and not easy to work on at all.

Anyway i was told not to use normal heli coils as they cannot take the load, so have these heavy duty ones, all a bit weird and they need an over size drill to work with a standard UNC tap, the anti rotate tangs get knocked in once the body is screwed in position.

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Trial fit without the spring to see if its ok, also fitted heavy duty carriers.

Painter doing his thing

I always though ordinary helicoils were stronger than the original thread?  The anti-rotate feature is nice though.

Nah, they have a tendency to spiral out as basically they are just a spring, these things are solid, not cheap either.

RR