UFO talk

PeterC

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pete Fenlon said:

Just seen this on BBC science, makes you think about the speed of UFO's that people have witnessed, we are beginning to emulate the ones who may be light years ahead of us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47585433

Hi Pete,   Impressive technology for the 21 century. But a ufo could run rings round it , literally, even at Mach 5.  We have no idea how ufos do it, none at all....maybe just as well. Peter

BUFORA have published a compendium of 1000 examples of a nearby ufo killing auto headlights, reversibly.  The headlights come back on when the ufo goes  away. The bulbs dont burn out, the battery remains OK. Its such a  simple circuit , so how does a ufo do it ?

Peter

It does not do you any good to "see" a UFO.  Or claim to have seen one. A very good friend and his colleague saw one when driving to work, one day in the 1980's.  Usual thing... silver object accelerating away at impossible speed.  They told police and friends. It briefly appeared in the local press.  They were ridiculed basically. He wished he had kept his mouth shut and the whole episode affected him quite badly.  He knew he'd seen it but couldn't stand the disbelief of others.

1 hour ago, Nick Jones said:

There's doubt in my little monkey brain...... :blink:

I had no doubt they were nonsense a year ago. But I had not read the evidence. Richard H Hall Vol2 is  good introduction to the physical reality of ufos. They leave traces,lots of them.

Peter

35 minutes ago, sparky_spit said:

It does not do you any good to "see" a UFO.  Or claim to have seen one. A very good friend and his colleague saw one when driving to work, one day in the 1980's.  Usual thing... silver object accelerating away at impossible speed.  They told police and friends. It briefly appeared in the local press.  They were ridiculed basically. He wished he had kept his mouth shut and the whole episode affected him quite badly.  He knew he'd seen it but couldn't stand the disbelief of others.

Ridicule is unfortunately a very common response. Show your friend the talk., and am happy to correspond by email. . SIlvery discs are not unusual. Your friend will find Richard H Hall Vol 2 a fascinating read.  Since giving the talk I have learned of first hand sightings of a disc with figures, a 50-foot diameter pulsating red sphere watched for 20 mins, a red torpedo flying slowly at dusk below the clouds. Ufos are not mere lights in the sky, they are real and neglected by science. Only a tiny minority of scientists take ufos seriously: those that have read into the evidence cannot fail to see the reality. 

Peter

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Over 2 billion iphones have been sold worldwide, and not one of them has filmed credible evidence of a UFO.  Sure are camera shy these visitors.

Its a conspiracy!

Apple run by aliens, how elese do they come up with all that new stuff?, and built in features to prevent us seeing their transport.

Probably.

steve

6 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Over 2 billion iphones have been sold worldwide, and not one of them has filmed credible evidence of a UFO.  Sure are camera shy these visitors.

Photos and videos of ufos are only as reliable as the witness: they are very easy to fake. However when a large crowd film the same ufo that would be more convincing. But even then fakery is feasible: social media thrive on the "me too" desire to be included. Unless the witnesses are evaluated by an experienced ufologist photo/film are not to be trusted. That said, I tedn to agree that a repeat of the Florence event over a crowd in a football stadium would be impossible to explain-away as fakery. As  ufos appear in waves - several inactive years followed by a month or two of sighitngs - it is only a matter of time.. The abundance of cameras world wide might be why the authorities in  most countries released ( some of )their ufo data, denial being impossible against mass photos .

Wait and see !

Peter

4 hours ago, SDerbyshire said:

Its a conspiracy!

Apple run by aliens, how elese do they come up with all that new stuff?, and built in features to prevent us seeing their transport.

Probably.

steve

Ufos can vanish from radar or sight without flying away.  Or be invisible but detectable in infra-red.  The military feign indifference and have successfully stifled public debate since the 1950s, but must be  intensely interested in how that is done.

France has had a very open approach requiring gendarmerie to bring in scientists and engineers to research ufo landings. The French Space Agency is involved. The COMETA Report summarises the findings of 20 years ago:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_cometareport01a.htm

The Belgium wave of triangular ufos, photographed by police and investigated by the air force is described in Leslie Kean's book by the General i/c air defence.

Peter

20 hours ago, sparky_spit said:

At least they didn`t probe him.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, PeterC said:

Ufos can vanish from radar or sight without flying away.  Or be invisible but detectable in infra-red. 

Peter

Peter,

I refer you to Russell's Teapot.   Vanishing UFOs is not evidence of UFOs.

John

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Peter,

I refer you to Russell's Teapot.   Vanishing UFOs is not evidence of UFOs.

John

Heres a video taken in infrared of an invisible ufo/uso :

https://www.explorescu.org/papers/2013_aguadilla_puerto_rico

Vanishing of a ufo is often reported. There are reports of individual person vanishing in plain sight of another,  then reappearing.( Budd Hopkins "Sight Unseen")

But to me the most fascinating phenomenon is the hundreds of reports by individuals of being floatec to a ufo through a closed door or window, or even through a wall or ceiling.

Peter

49 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Just so I can understand .....

a ufo is an unidentified flying object. 

So if it’s an alien craft it’s now identified !! So not a ufo ??

See doesn’t take much to confuse me  

" Alien " is an assumption. It is far more likely the ufos are the product of our descendants' science and technology, visiting our present in their past. An " alien " hair even had mitochodnira DNA sequences ( " Hair of the alien" Bill Chalker) with both chinese/mongolia and celtic/scandinavian DNA sequences. Not alien at all. The implication is time travel to the past is feasible....somehow.

Peter

32 minutes ago, DeTRacted said:

This analysis of the Aquadilla UFO images is interesting - and at least as plausible as other accounts:

https://www.metabunk.org/aguadilla-infrared-footage-of-ufos-hot-air-wedding-lanterns.t8952/

Debunker bunkum. And inept.

The video revealed controlled flight in a variety of directions at speeds around 60mph, no heat (flickr  signal resembled cows', ca 30 C) and flight underwater.  And the debunker thinks wedding lanterns can do that?  Plausible, I think not.

The detailed analysis in the link I provided is rigorous.

UFOs entering or emerging from water has been reported many time before. The video shows the speed of the object barely changed as it entered the sea despite the enormous extra drag.

Peter

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Quite so, DeTRacted.   I know, because I've seen a 'UFO' - and found it!

And it was a fire driven hot-air baloon.

John

It has looong been known that mundane explanations exist for ca 95% of lights in the sky. its the 5% that deserve serious scientific attention.

We still don't have even a tentative explanation for the one thousand reports of reversible headlight extinguishing. Such a simple circuit too......

Peter

Well Peter, I think the point was that the directions and speeds may not have been as reported by the anonymous source of the video (I saw no course changes in the version I watched) and the apparent flight under water and behind trees could well have been an artifact of the IR camera. Both very plausible. Occam's razor?