Huh, since when did the TRR remove the weird forum rules?

MennoR

1 minute ago, Nick Jones said:

It’s possible to accidentally agree with them just by navigating around, then you don’t get the message again unless you clear your cookies.

Gonna try that.

I certainly didn't agree with those rules.

Menno

Happened to me the other day when I followed a link in from a google search. I haven’t tried clearing cookies as Would probably mess up all sorts of things in the process.

There was a message to the effect that by proceeding I was was deemed to accept the rules but I didn’t spot it until my clicking finger was in motion. Doesn’t matter, in the doubly unlikely event that I post and say something offensive to the board, they can ban me if they wish.

Menno

If you log out of the TRR forum, clear your cookies, close your browser, open it again and then open the forum page, you should have free access to the forum as an anonymous visitor.  The request to agree to the new rules will linger at the bottom of the browser screen, but you can ignore it and browse and search without having to agree to the compliance window.

Paul

Hi Menno,

once you are in there is a small 'I accept etc etc'  box at the bottom right that you need not touch.

This is all they needed to do in the beginning - but they decided to wave the big stick.

It just shows what happens when incompetence takes over. The new rules now allow homophobic comment (rife in many countries) unlike the old carefully crafted rules.

Roger 

7 minutes ago, MennoR said:

A while back, someone from the TRR came over for a sort of survey here among us, the 'dilittants'.  Is there an outcome of some sort about this or was it a sort of hit-and-run action?

Menno

Ongoing Menno

A group of 4 looking at a whole range of things that they will put to the BoD (I do dislike this phrase)

John

Menno,

Surely not a "dilittante", "a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge."?

"Refuseniks",  yes!  "a person who refuses to follow orders or obey the law, especially as a protest."!

I have just rceived an "Urgent Membership Renewal" form from the TRR, and I must compose a suitably revolutionary refusal.

John

1 hour ago, Janner said:

Ongoing Menno

A group of 4 looking at a whole range of things that they will put to the BoD (I do dislike this phrase)

John

Hi John,

they are no longer the BoD. They have become the MT - Management Team.

When Paul Hogan at his first BoD meeting tried to change the title from BoD to something else more palatable he was shouted down by one and all present (except me).

Times change

Roger

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Menno,

Surely not a "dilittante", "a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge."?

"Refuseniks",  yes!  "a person who refuses to follow orders or obey the law, especially as a protest."!

I have just rceived an "Urgent Membership Renewal" form from the TRR, and I must compose a suitably revolutionary refusal.

John

Hi (another) John,

don;t do a runner to hastily. John Morrison and his team are trying to put together a case to bring 'Alec's Inn' back on TRack.

Roger

Hi Rog, it's so simple to resolve that the fact it's taken so long means the BoD don't want to fix it.

Open up Alec's Bar to the public - it's a click of a button. Apologise to Darren and get him back in (if he even wants to rejoin m- can't see why he would after the way he's been treated)

My membership runs out in June from memory - I haven't seen anything whatsoever to make me think I'd want to rejoin since all the initial hoo hah with Darren. I've already cancelled the direct debit so it will just lapse. In fact, it only got worse since as the impartial group that looked into the whole sorry affair banned him for life. 

I have heard plenty of talk from a few people but precious little action so far. and it's been months. It's OK to say these things take time but really, they don't at all - it just feels like they're playing lip service to the membership until the whole fuss dies down.

Such a shame - I'll keep in touch with the people I've met by email etc but I don't post on the TR Forum and rarely if ever visit it now - on that note, are you doing the New Forest Run again this year Rog?

Hi Richard,

Moving Alec's Inn is indeed a two second job. Convincing the powers that be is a giant task as they are so biased in their way.

The problem is (the way I see it) - they will not have power over an open forum, even if the posters stick to the rules.

They need to be seen to have ALL the control - or so they think.  I will be doing the NF run.

Hi Nick,

of course you are right. You can change what you like but the same mentality exists. 

However many members were disgusted with the grand titles being pushed around and the committee members themselves puffed up accordingly.

Roger

On 2/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, rhino_mac said:

Hi Rog, it's so simple to resolve that the fact it's taken so long means the BoD don't want to fix it.

Open up Alec's Bar to the public - it's a click of a button. Apologise to Darren and get him back in (if he even wants to rejoin m- can't see why he would after the way he's been treated)

My membership runs out in June from memory - I haven't seen anything whatsoever to make me think I'd want to rejoin since all the initial hoo hah with Darren. I've already cancelled the direct debit so it will just lapse. In fact, it only got worse since as the impartial group that looked into the whole sorry affair banned him for life. 

I have heard plenty of talk from a few people but precious little action so far. and it's been months. It's OK to say these things take time but really, they don't at all - it just feels like they're playing lip service to the membership until the whole fuss dies down.

Such a shame - I'll keep in touch with the people I've met by email etc but I don't post on the TR Forum and rarely if ever visit it now - on that note, are you doing the New Forest Run again this year Rog?

Well done rhino_mac,

I get sick of TR folk who make noises and threats of what they will do when renewal time is due but in reality very few actually have the courage of conviction. As many may know I sent back my Membership Card last August (renewal is this April) in protest of the BoD's behaviour and short sighted attitude to Darren and other issues that showed a very unprofessional group of people in a responsible position.

Totally aside from what Darren did or did'nt do it is unforgivable to put in print in a National Magazine findings and decisions which create a bias to the Membership and give individuals who are named a detrimental reputation.

I have been invited back with free membership and my old number but my perceptions of the TRR as it now is have grossly dissapointed me, I will still mix and chat with TR Owners but am appalled how an organisation with a "Shop Window" of business as usual and "look at what we're doing" can treat fellow man in such a manner.

And a message to those who keep tetering on the brink "ah you wait till my membership is due.....I'll show em".........................B****cks. 

Totally aside from what Darren did or did'nt do it is unforgivable to put in print in a National Magazine findings and decisions which create a bias to the Membership and give individuals who are named a detrimental reputation.

I have been invited back with free membership and my old number but my perceptions of the TRR as it now is have grossly dissapointed me, I will still mix and chat with TR Owners but am appalled how an organisation with a "Shop Window" of business as usual and "look at what we're doing" can treat fellow man in such a manner.

^^^ this ^^^

... and change 'National' into 'International'. As I told before, I found a copy of TRA on the table in the waiting room of a classic car / tyre & wheel repair shop here in Holland...

MEnno

On 2/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, JohnD said:

Menno,

John

I returned mine last week and added the note that I would love to rejoin the TRR when they opened Alec's Inn to all, and re wrote the rules so that they were not insulting to future members.

My subs ran out at the end of December, but I still have access to Alecs Inn. I don't post now but think I will be excluded very soon.

Hasn't the Board now remained very much the same but are calling itself a management Team?,