Sign in to follow this  
Pfen

ran numbers pls

Need paint colour code for MK1 1147cc rocker cover, also paint code again for powder blue.

Thanks IAnticipatian.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 16.32.36.png

Hi Pfen,

You will find you will get more responses if you post this in the Spitfire, Herald, Vitesse forum thread.

A quick bit of googling and I came up with this -

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/33536-powder-blue-modern-paint-formula-required/

They are obviously talking about earlier triumphs, but I should imagine the details are the same.

The rocker cover bronze has been the subject of much discussion over the years- particularly on the triumph experience forum. A search there will provide some answers. If I recall correctly, a relatively close match can be made using a massey Ferguson tractor engine paint- which would make a lot of sense.

The truth is- an imperfect match won't really matter. You would have to have the original items next to the matched items to note the difference, and I dare say in any respect, nobody will care if the new paint is a shade or two off- even the anorak!

I think you can buy aerosols of the rocker cover gold from the TSSC club shop.

Powder blue seems to come up blank in all the usual reference tables.  Is the a number stamped on the commissioning plate?