365 photos in 365 days

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Is metal flat pack furniture more fun than the compressed sawdust kind?

This one will he holding about $60K worth of servers, so I'd better use all the screws.  Universal constant of flatpack applies - I'm taking in a grinder tomorrow to do some "customisation".

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

You'll need a bigger drop for the guillotine to work.

19 Days till a 53 user/7 server legal network has to be completely changed out across a long weekend, with a complete o/s change, a complete 6 version office upgrade, and a complete Practice Management System flip.  No pressure, only my main source of income reliant on success. 

A guillotine will be a mercy if it doesn't work after the go/nogo moment.

42 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

And there's me fretting about putting a new SSD in a laptop and reloading windows...…..

There is a nice product key for you to use in the above photo ;)

Having just rebuilt my "Trigger's Broom PC" for the 3rd time (nice case everything else replaced bit like an old triumph), I have just brought a new PC from Overclockers, ITbyte SSD, decent twin screen card etc. Still had to install Windows 10 on it (£2.50 key from Ebay) and then about 2 weeks realising all the software that I use but had forgotten about was missing. I kept the old PC running with its system disk so have been able to go back to it and retrieve documents, settings etc.. Still a PITA...

Interestingly the new PC is good but not much faster than the old one or much better to use, guess its like new cars there are all pretty good and do the job and the incremental gains are less with each new version.

Respect, couldn't do it for a living although I am sure it must be easier  in a professional environment. 

mike

The arms are a bloody great waste of space.  I'd put them on if I had tech monkeys sliding the servers in and out, but it's generally only me, and I know to be carefull.

There's an embaressment of riches when it comes to computers around the house, sometimes the horse has to match the coure, otherwise I just grab whatevers to hand.  I'm equally inefficient in a number of operating systems... 

10 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

The arms are a bloody great waste of space.  I'd put them on if I had tech monkeys sliding the servers in and out, but it's generally only me, and I know to be carefull.

There's an embaressment of riches when it comes to computers around the house, sometimes the horse has to match the coure, otherwise I just grab whatevers to hand.  I'm equally inefficient in a number of operating systems... 

I used to love building server arrays, don't get to do it much these days everything is virtual even in the archaic world of technology i work in.