Sign in to follow this  
GT6MK3

365 photos in 365 days

15 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 98.

hTUcJnrOQwWgcxO2TfpqdA.jpg

Re re re re reading a quote that could possibly send me broke if I get it wrong.  No pressure.

Or hopefully earn you big time. 

If only...  I’ll be happy if it all works, it will give me another 5 years of a day a week with that firm.

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 100.  Triple figures!

A354C39E-8BB3-409C-BDF5-26700C999A2A.jpeg

My robot army being prepared for deployment.

Congrats on the 100. This thread is a great idea. 

I cant even guess what that kit is ?

21 hours ago, Hamish said:

I cant even guess what that kit is ?

Lots of workstations to standardise a client site.

Day 101.

74422F7E-7C9A-4369-8A3C-FE6AB4A27CC5.jpeg

Easter weekend is planned to be changing over an obsolete network up to more modern status. I’ll be spending most of the next week in this room getting ready.  

On 4/10/2019 at 3:12 PM, GT6MK3 said:

Day 100.  Triple figures!

A354C39E-8BB3-409C-BDF5-26700C999A2A.jpeg

My robot army being prepared for deployment.

Pfui!

Here's just SOME of the hard drives that hold the data for the Event Horizon Telescope Black Hole image.

VLBI data storage at the MPIfR, Bonn, Germany

John

PS Please keep posting!  A triple century beckons!

Edited by JohnD

Day 103.

F4966EDC-24E8-420A-B9F6-B4D48C5FC0AB.jpeg

Waited (at work) all day for Microsawft to electronically grant me access to the software and licenses I need to load this weekend so a I can work through Easter.

Got home, logged on, licenses arrived. Expect a boring day 104 photo of me at work.  Again.

Day 105.

6A2B9D94-9D46-47C8-A8B7-5A886FC0AF70.jpeg

Long day.  5 client visits, 103 urban km’s, 4 meetings, 36 phone calls, 48 emails, and 20 minutes in the barbers chair.

13 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 105.

Long day.  5 client visits, 103 urban km’s, 4 meetings, 36 phone calls, 48 emails, and 20 minutes in the barbers chair.

Really should have made more time for the barber !!!!!!!:ninja:

2 hours ago, Hamish said:

Really should have made more time for the barber !!!!!!!:ninja:

20 minutes looking in the mirror is well over my daily limit.  

(yes I do realise the irony of that claim in this narcissistic thread :ninja:

Shaving is optional...... and increasingly unpopular it seems.  I'm not fond of shaving either but Senior Management dislikes beards and anything I grow now comes out completely white..... :ohmy:

Son has grown a beard - and predictably, as he is undoubtedly my clone, in many ways, not just appearance, it is a scrubby, misshapen thing, as mine was the only time I grew it.   But "Don't grow a beard" is just one of the many pieces of golden advice you'd like to pass on to your children, but which falls on stoney ground.

John

Dad simply can’t grow a beard- he tried to grow a mo once, and failed.

This was me after exactly six months of standing a pace back from the razor each morning about a year ago.

F3090966-F6D1-4CAF-87A1-563C721C7176.jpeg

North....?  Looks like Circular Quay with SHB in the background...… North had me picturing Darwin or at least Alice Springs...… Though most places are north of Melbourne....

Bingo.  Circular Quay.

A while back I had an eyesight issue that had a number of possible outcomes.  One possibility (which was presented as a likelihood) was that I’d become legally blind quite quickly.

One of the worlds experts in that particular field is in Sydney, so I headed up there for the first possible appointment (which meant 2 weeks of wait and stress).  

After being told that, “Yes, you have had the problem, but No it won’t be affecting you further”, I wandered up to Circular Quay, and sat at that very table to watch the world go by.

I like that view _a lot_.

I like going there every time I’m in Sydney to remind me how lucky I am, and how nothing in life should be taken for granted.

Oh, and it’s North alright.  Sydney is a bit further North from home than Edinburgh is North of Plymouth.  Aus is a bloody big place.

Day 107.

5A238C61-B396-40DC-B6CF-85048D97E8DA.jpeg

26F.  Apple juice and crackers for dinner.

Spent the day as the oldest man in the room by far, in a meeting of developers and project managers, working through why a website and it’s backend aren’t delivering the outcomes they should.

Every downtime conversation amongst the “kids” seemed to be about point hacks, travel, upgrades, perks, expense accounts, and lounge access.

I lived in airports and hotels in my 20’s, and 26F reminded me of why I don’t miss it at all.

The kids can have it.