GT6 Mkii OEM wheel ET

Hi,

I just found an interesting topic on here about wheels. The last post in May 2018 asked about OEM wheel ET. This was after trying for two hours to search for "Spitfire wheel offset mm " to no avail. Can't even find a post from me telling me..

So, I'm here with my new topic.

What is the wheel offset of the OEM wheels fitted to the GT6 Mkii?

The same question for MGF wheels. (Range of ET).

I want to eliminate any possible changes to the centre line of my fitted tyres relative to OEM. I want to get the suspension realigned with me in the car this time with wishbones set parallel to the ground.

My front tyres are 175mm across but stiffer than the 175/70/13's. I appear to have the same non-contact issues, so my 15" on front and 16" on rear ET is very similar?

Cheers,

Iain.

PS. HAPPY NEWYEAR       just for you JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

If I measure my track & track is same as the book for Mkii GT6 then ET/Offset must be same as OEM? If my track is smaller then spacers will correct this? I think any spacer less than 14mm is acceptable as the previous 6J's on rear were fitted with 13mm spacers. I removed the 1/2" spacers when I increased the wheel width to 7". Seemed to make sense at the time..

Cheers,

Iain.

Hi,

I have 39" of track at the front +/- 10mm. need to accurately measure. lol

The driver's side appears to be closer to the wing. Imagination, just an illusion? (Band from the 80's)

MGF wheels appear to span from 28 to 35mm ET. on Int'net. For appearance, I could increase the rear tyre width by at least 10mm as there is space. Adding a 6mm spacer will move them out and increase rear track without increasing tyre width beyond recommend tyre width on the 7J's. My wheel ET will only improve?

Cheers,

Iain.