Charles Runyan (TRF) RIP

Hamish

Sad to read this.

The TRF was a great help when I restored my car. They were able to provide me with parts not even mentioned in the Moss Catalog! During that restoration period (a few years in total), Charles and myself had a few interesting conversations about teaching - we both were teachers and we loved the TRs. So we had something to share. Our emails went from 'business-related/questions about parts'' to 'sharing personal teaching experiences'. Rather neat!

He will be missed!

Menno

It is yet another example of my  qualification for the post of Professor of Ignorance at Sideways U. that I have to ask, who was Charles Runyan?

The US site, Triumph Experince is full of memorial threads, all assuming that the reader knows.  Hamish's link tells about his originas, but nothing of his doings in Triumph.

Please someone instruct me?

John

Edited by JohnD

I'm really sad to hear this.  Charles' emails have been a constant in my Saturday morning feed for about 12 years, so much so that I considered a visit to TRF last time I was in the 'states.

Vale Charles Runyan, staunch Triumph Aficionado, I'll miss you.

C.

Thank you for the link, TR5tar!

Indeed, the deeclared objective of the Roadster Factory might be as useful to other TR organsiations as the "Magma Carta" to later constitution writers!   "It is the goal of The Roadster Factory to make it as easy as possible for our customers to drive, maintain, and restore classic British sports cars for fun, for transportation, for racing, or for show as they desire."

A sad demonstration of how wide is the Atlantic Ocean, when Mr. Runyan was so little known here.   But then, his business plan was not international, and why should it be?

John