Another refugee

graeme4a

Hi all,

The TRR forum has become a ghost town recently so I decided to move sideways, I see a lot of familiar names here. 

A bit of background for those that don't know me. I have been a member of TRR for 20 years and been using their Forum since its inception in 2002 and very disappointed with the direction the BOD have taken over the last 2 years. I am from the UK but have lived on a Pacific Island off the west coast of Canada for over 8 years now. I have had my '66 TR4A for twenty years and did a body off restoration 1999/2001. I restored a '69 TR6 2013/15 (now sold) which I documented on the TR forum and I am now nearing the completion of a full restoration of a TR250.

Cheers

Graeme

1155412285_ATDIDay5_042-2048.thumb.jpg.f1b9fcdb5284f9698d65ec1b50e96b9d.jpg

TR250_002-2048.thumb.jpg.33a8467bc87042098282830b54ceec0b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And another from the ghost town of the TRR Forum. Such a shame. PeteFen's departure was the last straw.

At 21 I had a 13/20 Herald and part rebuilt the engine by scrupulously following the Haynes manual in the absence of any real knowledge (the recklessness of youth!). Later I had a spitfire and 7 years ago acquired my 3A which had previously been restored. It sports Weber 45s, a fast road going cam, 4.1:1 axle and outrageous fuel consumption! I am an enthusiastic tinkerer.

I am not a great poster, but I have learnt much and enjoyed the contributions of many who I see here. In fact, just taken my daily high dose vitamin D tabs following advice from the Prof (PeterC) on the Forum some years ago!

Here's to a more engaging future.

Miles

DSC05622.jpg

Thanks both.

Not offended RR - each to their own. As it happens, I agree about the wheels for a non-competition 3A. Have been thinking for some about some, centre lace wire replacements, possibly painted in the same dark blue.   

Miles

Just now, MilesA said:

Thanks both.

Not offended RR - each to their own. As it happens, I agree about the wheels for a non-competition 3A. Have been thinking for some about some, centre lace wire replacements, possibly painted in the same dark blue.   

Miles

Hello Miles, thanks for your kind comment, Centre laced chrome wheels do look very good, but the cleaning isn't easy.

Best wheels are the American Silverstone Mag wheels they look factory but rare and expensive sadly.

2 hours ago, MilesA said:

Thanks both.

Miles

They would look really good and period too.

RR

15 hours ago, Rod1883 said:

Hi Miles

Good to see you here.

Can I ask what happened today to prompt your comment about Pete?

Great number plate by the way.P1020154.thumb.JPG.e61e6c2d58b3b314136c70bfb1945a9e.JPG

Rod

Pete has commented on the thread below this one. From my perspective he was valiantly trying to maintain contributions to, and the spirit of, the TR Forum but experienced some perphaps over zealous moderation.

To be honest, that is history. The challenges that the TR Forum and the Register are experiencing are probably well advertised. It is not my intention to use this forum to dwell on them. I actually hope that the TRR successfully overcomes those challenges. But in the meantime I have discovered Sideways which is a bonus.

As for the registration number, I cannot take any credit but it at least easy to remember! I like the look of your purposeful car which reinforces my idea that coloured wheels are the way to go. Hope to see it in the flesh sometime.