TRR - new Forum Rules

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I'm just catching up on some of the posts and note similar outbursts as the TRR forum ...."When my renewal is due I'm going to ..........promise......promise ....etc etc".........now you either get on with it and resign with a letter to the office and enclose your Members Card (like I did) or you live with the situation and stop trying to replay the video in the hope that someones changed the characters....................IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. .....move on you don't need a badge to own a TR.

1 hour ago, Andy Canning said:

Hi Guys,

I'm just catching up on some of the posts and note similar outbursts as the TRR forum ...."When my renewal is due I'm going to ..........promise......promise ....etc etc".........now you either get on with it and resign with a letter to the office and enclose your Members Card (like I did) or you live with the situation and stop trying to replay the video in the hope that someones changed the characters....................IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. .....move on you don't need a badge to own a TR.

Hi Andy, I'm not even wasting the postage on a letter. My sub ran out before the AGM and will remain that way. Period.

Peter

2 hours ago, PeterC said:

Hi Andy, I'm not even wasting the postage on a letter. My sub ran out before the AGM and will remain that way. Period.

Peter

Thanks Peter,

my sub's don't run out till April 2019 but I was happy to make my point and suffer the consequences in an excercise show my distaste at the way the Club was run and some members were treated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, Andy Canning said:

Thanks Peter,

my sub's don't run out till April 2019 but I was happy to make my point and suffer the consequences in an excercise show my distaste at the way the Club was run and some members were treated.

Andy, how you doing? 

I understand your sentiments and applaud your integrity, I did the same a year or two ogo. 

On this occasion I have decided to let my membership run until it has lapsed. I am no less p'ed off than any on this page but first i see no reason why TRR should keep my money for no return, they can at least send me TRR, and by doing so I can see if the new BoD, Diane and Dave S can make any difference, and I can hopefully read what others think not on this forum assuming they have the bottle to print adverse comments. 

10 hours ago, Scooter said:

The specific protection of the TRR insurance scheme from criticism is very telling.

thats a scab that’s refusing to heal.

Scooter,

not having access to the forum anymore I do not know what has happened /been said  beyond the rule changes.

I am wondering if it is legal to ban adverse comments about a commercial organisation such as the Insurance scheme? It smacks of protectionism and a consumer has a right to speak out if not satisfied. It surely needs to be challenged?

Duncan

Before final recommendations are put to the BoD I'm sure we will have checked all the arguments and the validity of all points ,that's the main reason for taking time to get it right. Thanks for the memory jog though there is a lot to think about and the more input we get from everyone the less we are likely to miss a vital point.

Cheers

Brian

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I am wondering if it is legal to ban adverse comments about a commercial organisation such as the Insurance scheme? It smacks of protectionism and a consumer has a right to speak out if not satisfied. It surely needs to be challenged?

The BoD needs to be aware that banning adverse comments from the TRR fora will result in them being posted elsewhere. Here, Farcebook etc. There is no escape from the on-line world, Directors need to embrace it. Their corporate Canute strategy will not revive the club, much the opposite.

Peter

Edited by PeterC

We all are aware of the Registers way of working and I have so far stayed with it. Simply because there are some trying very hard to change things, John Morrison is doing

his best to open up the forum, these lads need supporting. I would hate to lose contact with some rather nice people that I have typed with for many years, its these people

That are the backbone of the club and to leave them trying to make a difference alone, would be a slap in the face, can we not embrace both forums?

I received my renewal today, tact isnt of the essence either, but I shall give the Forum boys some more time, I hope you will too.

Pete.

13 hours ago, Duncan said:

Scooter,

not having access to the forum anymore I do not know what has happened /been said  beyond the rule changes.

The insurance businesss has been a running sore since it’s inception, and any attempt to ascertain the actuality of the financial arrangements is furiously resisted by the committee.

It’s not as if it’s a better or cheaper insurance either. It quoted me 50% higher than Towergate that used to do a deal with the club.

• 1 month later...

Hi Graham,

there is a team of four members looking at the forum in total. 

They asked ,through the forum, for any comment.

There will be something in the next magazine asking for comment.

When all the comment is in it will be looked at, and presented to the 'Management Team'.    

Something may happen and some things will not. Do not hold your breath for miracles.

But a lot of work s going on behind the scenes.

Roger

Hi Graham

Sorry  to be behind on the updates , we have quite a few suggestions coming through some may be possible to implement some may not for the moment. 

We are in discussion with the Management Team via Mick Forey and have had some usefully input from Wayne also. 

It may be possible to move faster after the next edition of TRaction hits the doormat. We are working to ensure our proposals are acceptable to all and will not be regected out of hand, not a quick fix I'm afraid. 

Brian

As a PS to my last post. 

I believe the MT have their first full meeting tomorrow and have a lot to get through, so we are hoping they will schedule in some time for the forum at the following meeting. Not an ideal time frame for some I know but out of our control.

Brian