TR is back on the road.

SteveT

Well the TR is back on the road!! Well.....part of it....sort of  

Have just popped the chassis up Knutsford to a guy called Noel, who used to work for TR Bitz, so it can be checked for straightness before I start welding everything together. I always seem to manage to re-start this project in Winter 

8CBCCECC-E3EE-4F3F-A945-CBE993076D41.jpeg

Gotta decide now whether I clear and concrete the carport floor so I have got a good flat base to work on, or make do and start the re-build now. Problem is that concrete doesn’t like freezing temps so I’ll have to get a wriggle on if I’m going to do it. 

10 hours ago, SteveT said:

Gotta decide now whether I clear and concrete the carport floor so I have got a good flat base to work on, or make do and start the re-build now. Problem is that concrete doesn’t like freezing temps so I’ll have to get a wriggle on if I’m going to do it. 

I would deffo put a decent floor in. And it doesn't take long at all. Get a man in wit a digger if it needs digging down, some timber to set up the edges and a mixermate to supply the concrete. And get them to add the fibres to the mix, helps stop cracking (usually free). Probably wort getting an accelerator added this weather, and choose your day carefully

In fact all you need to do is organise it and get a couple of mates round to help wheelbarrow the concrete and level it. 

Yes I really should do this. All the wonky slabs can come up and then I only have to dig down 2 inches. Concrete wagon can reverse right up to the job and pour direct. Should give a 5 inch thick slab. Only thing is ....I have to put all the TR panels/body/chassis & running gear somewhere. 

23 minutes ago, SteveT said:

Yes I really should do this. All the wonky slabs can come up and then I only have to dig down 2 inches. Concrete wagon can reverse right up to the job and pour direct. Should give a 5 inch thick slab. Only thing is ....I have to put all the TR panels/body/chassis & running gear somewhere. 

Kitchen? Bathroom? No, too much humidity. Bedroom it is.

Steve,

Floors, there are flat ones and there are level ones. If you want a level floor then give thought to water ingress and it may be best to leave a 4" gap along the house wall to fit a drainage channel so any rain water does not sit against the house wall and has somewhere to go. And if you decide on  a "level" floor a water level (hose with clear ends), is the best  there is when levelling up the formwork / shuttering for the edges.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...