Long time listener, first time caller..

richy_rich

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for years, but for some reason at the time the registration process didn't work for me (or I wasn't approved :)) so I never managed to login and then kind of gave up.

Anyway, been racing a Spitfire since ~2000/2001 and probably a few of you know me, I left the island in 2007 and still compete occasionally in Euro stuff over here (FISC Legendary Circuits etc.).  

I recently reclaimed my old domain from squatters (they gave up, and I bought it back for $7..) so I'm trying to restore all the old content, or as much as I can find.  I'm currently re-posting all the stuff from before I started racing and all I can say is that I was either a very naive optimist or an idiot :)  Once the history is all caught up I'll start on some more up-to-date and hopefully useful stuff.  That's over here https://richyrichracing.com if anyone is interested.

Over the last 18 years I've been doing various things, but at one point I was very involved in vehicle diagnostics and on board computer/electronics stuff so hopefully I may have some useful contributions to the electrickery side of things.

Here's a picture of my car earlier this year at the Pau Historic GP

pau_2018_1.jpg

Welcome Rich!  Congratulations on out-waiting the 'bots. Looking forward to the evolution of your website, handing out more pearls of wisdom like your brake calipers top-tip (I've got one about not starting your engine with the top of the gearbox off  :ohmy:), and perhaps a bit of history from the world TSSC Spitfire racing.  Alan will be very interested in that for reasons that will hopefully become clear soon.......

We have at least two other regulars based in Luxembourg.

Cheers

Nick

6 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Alan will be very interested in that for reasons that will hopefully become clear soon.......

Cat, Bag, OK a Teaser!

32625297_RedSpitVOO008(Large).thumb.jpg.379dccb269be1377ec3a1ee1a1c5c17e.jpg

Maybe an additional vista for next season? and new project thread soon?

Alan :ninja:

PS, Welcome Rich! 

Edited by oldtuckunder

Welcome Rich.  your journey into racing was quite interesting to me, seeing as I am just thinking about embarking on a journey into sprint/hillclimbing. So I went and mooched around your site and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am looking forward to more as and when you have time.

Nice Alan, very red as Nick says. I dont think I would reach the pedals around that ROPS, although maybe its just the angle of the shot makes it look that way 

9 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

Nice Alan, very red as Nick says. I dont think I would reach the pedals around that ROPS, although maybe its just the angle of the shot makes it look that way 

Its very carefully designed so you can wedge a house brick between the ROPS and the throttle peddle, that way its one less thing to think about after the start! :biggrin:

Rich you have PM

Alan

It was indeed once a Salisbury LSD. It ended up like that after one of the early proving runs after putting on the EFI with the motor at 2.7ltr and a 4:1 cwp. 

I’m now running a quaife ATB still with 4:1 but with the motor now at 2.6ltr (a sad tale of thrown fan belts + red mist at Blyton) with the wick turned down a bit.