Hi,

My 6 has a 1/2"hose from blanked of mech fuel pump to a TEE that connects rocker box to air filter box.

Idle air is sucked thru the idle control screw via a push-on filter.

There is no other way apart from seals, for gas to enter or exit the engine

A couple of flame traps are fitted in a poor attempt at coalescing.

It's been like that for years as my only vacuum connection is used for idle control air flow. 

IMG_1281.thumb.JPG.08e667cc556f0da6a994cea34ff2e066.JPG

Bought this separator/catch tank. Two inlets, one outlet and same size hole on base.

Thinking about how to use it and have it connected to provide idle "air"? A parallel PCV valve?

I do have a two-wire idle air control motor and control on the ECU.

Cheers,

Iain.

Hi,

my 3Dmodel.
It might be upside down but appears to make no difference?

Cheers,

Iain.

IMG_1282.JPG

Edited by spitfire6

Can we have some labels please?

I have ITB's, and really want to fit a pcv valve, but struggling to work out where, unless I tap into all 4 runners and link them. plan B for me is the airbox... I have a catch tank, and think it will work OK.

IMO you need an active flow control valve -  that is a PCV valve - to try to maintain a reasonably even pressure (vacuum) in the crankcase. This could be the old Smiths "flying saucer" or something more modern. They aren't that easy to find in convenient form  - I ended up buying one from US eBay intended for a 70s Chrysler for my PI. Seemed to do the job. I had experimented with different orifice sizes and a vacuum gauge on the crankcase and found that a single size did not fit all conditions - not even close. Was a bit better with the rebuilt engine and vastly reduced blow-by but still not good enough - hence the PCV.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I agree about the active control. I wonder if modern cars do this and apply a constant set depression on the crankcase?

I'm limited at the moment as I can not allow more than is required at idle to maintain my idle RPM. An idle control valve in place of the manual screw is possible with my ECU.

An engine in good tune should be able to handle PCV and idle in parallel, maybe I try that.

The restriction/orifice, if made active, could control the crankcase vacuum. 

Cheers,

Iain.