Sign in to follow this  
Hamish

Project Binky 20

Not another one!

And first, I thought, Oh! Goody! More wiring!    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

But then it morphs into a maschinebearbeitungfest that is a blinding display of virtuosity.  Dont missit!

J

Thanks, Hamish!

Edited by JohnD

Oh my God! why does each episode leave me feeling enthused to get out to the workshop/car and do something, whilst at the same time leaving me feeling totally inadequate!

Alan

As an avid amateur follower, what mystifies me is that a considerable amount of assembly work is being done before the car is painted.  Since there is obviously 'a plan' behind the ad hoc solutions, will they be dismantling all this good work to spray it..?

Answers on a postcard to...

48 minutes ago, PaulAA said:

As an avid amateur follower, what mystifies me is that a considerable amount of assembly work is being done before the car is painted.  Since there is obviously 'a plan' behind the ad hoc solutions, will they be dismantling all this good work to spray it..?

Answers on a postcard to...

Absolutely they will be removing everything then prep/paint.

It's what you have to do, freshly painted car, you cant add a captive here and channel the frame there etc

We dry build all the cars that come through the company, even a std car to make sure everything will fit

Tom

What Tom says...... 

.......we're dry-building our GT6 at present.

Experience has shown that not doing this leads to "mixed" results. Lesson learned.

wonder if the bare Mini shell might be put through a dipping process?

Nick

The 1st SLR we built, it took 6 months of a dry build just to get the basics sorted out... We have modified a few things for build 2 &3.. The evolution will carry on too....