Sign in to follow this  
Hamish

Estate car for sale

10 minutes ago, GT6Steve said:

Call me a nutjob if you will but I absolutely LOVE shooting brakes.  Estate cars.  Station wagons, whatever we want to call them.  Most conversions end up looking a bit awkward to my eye yet I adore them nonetheless.  Is it the Lynx Eventer that was based on the XJS?  Love it!  Just my 2 pence worth LOL...

Steve

I'm with you there.  Shortly after the original A5 was launched, Audi showed concepts for a three-door and five door wagon version - low roof, dropped ride, wide gait... it looks superb.  Sadly, they ended up producing the numbing Mondeo lookalike version instead.  I wanted to post pictures, but Google isn't obliging with the images I remember seeing.

Paul

How do you do that, Paul? it's magic!

Yes, a very good point/tweak/adjustment, it does look better!

J.

And of course, the VItesse Estate was the car that Triumph never made, but should have!

Castle combe 2006.jpg

Great skills and design eye Paul 

H

Wasn’t the RS6 avant the ultimate “estate” car ?

Edited by Hamish
Detail

Amazing how much those simple tweaks improve the Lagonda Paul.

As for the Scimitar, like the bigger rear window but think the line of the rear edge needs to more closely match the rear line of the c-pillar

N

1 hour ago, GT6Steve said:

Remeber the 70's era Volvo wagon with a large no-frame glass rear window?  I still lust for one....

Rounded shape 120 series Amazon (think they had a horizontal split tailgate though?) or its successor, the very angular 145?

My A6 is an Avant and thus sort of qualifies. Certainly it's practicality is reduced by the raked rear glass, though not as much as the 100/200 model that preceded it. The 200 Quattro with it's  4wd and turbo five pot is a pretty fast shooting brake.

Nick

11 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

As for the Scimitar, like the bigger rear window but think the line of the rear edge needs to more closely match the rear line of the c-pillar

N

I see where you're going with that thought, Nick, but I suspect it would thin the C too much and give you the glasshouse of the P1800 ES. Not a bad thing in itself, but a different beast and I think the character of the GTE (which it cmpletely lost in the GTC chop-top, imho) is in the wrap of the roof from the tail.

BTW, I'm top trumping the 200 Quattro with the C7 3.0 Competition. Only a second slower to 100kph than the truly mental RS6, Hamish ;)

Paul

Being sorely tempted by a C4 S6 at present. Also an Avant and white so in keeping with my monochrome cars. 8k is big money though for a 22 year old car with nearly 200k..... Not sure how that compares in the top trumps stakes but they are fairly rapid. Probably a fair bit heavier than the 200.

N

11 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Being sorely tempted by a C4 S6 at present. Also an Avant and white so in keeping with my monochrome cars. 8k is big money though for a 22 year old car with nearly 200k..... Not sure how that compares in the top trumps stakes but they are fairly rapid. Probably a fair bit heavier than the 200.

N

Seems a lot of money to me. 

But I don’t know the market. I confess. Are they now in the up ?

H

ps my cars are monochrome too. 

B7B8B389-5A80-4027-B899-3EE2EBAA9A80.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Adding boring pic

Oh lordy, Hamish... my over-enthusiasm got the better of me...

In mitigation, I am going to say that I had the 2-door for eight years and still miss it.  Unlike my 6'2" son.

Paul