openroad

Sandm Triumph Lincs . TR's Liberated from them !

Still no update as to when I can cut my losses, The remnants of my TR5 are sat in the lock up and I can do nothing about it yet  !

Sad isn't it, the Car was taken off the road in about 1983 , as it had rusted badly,  it was restored to a level and then sat from 1984 to 2014 In a gagrage, when I bought it and started on this Saga, and through no fault of my own she remains unfinished. 

I hope I will be able to update you  soon.

Cheers Conrad. 

Hi Steve, yes Infuriating is a a bit of an understatement,  it should have been on the road years ago. A perfectly good car stood doing nothing apart from deteriating !

My hands are tied and the other party are more than dragging their feet.  Where is the Big Man that comes along and says to a business,  you are doing this wrong , you must pay the customer his money back , you must stop Trading and go and Sweep the Streets !!!

He doesn't exist so it seems, so frustrating, stress and anxiety  set in , and when many are feeling that way.  Then you get together and go and Demand your Cars Back  !!!!!  Then the fun begins......

Conrad.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:38 AM, openroad said:

Sandmtriumph  , have now put the company up for Liquidation..

Speaks Volumes on the measure of the man  !!!!!!

Sandmtriumph  , have now put the company up for Liquidation..

Speaks Volumes on the measure of the man  !!!!!!

Just to keep all the Triumph and Classic Car world Posted.

Mathew Lambkin Smith,  is now Trading as Sandm classics... A really Good Similar name to remember  NOT to Go To..

Enjoy the weekend at the Classic Car Show.

Conrad. 

Yes, liquidation tomorrow 14th November and everyone's claims and losses are simply vapourised and start all over again with a clean sheet,  and you are probably right - we are unlikely to have heard the last of this trader. It is too easy to use this modus operandi because unfortunately even in this over regulated country, it seems that legislation gives people no consumer or statutory protection in these circumstances. But if one is sold an out of date chocolate bar then one is overwhelmed with help from all manner of obscure authorities. Makes little sense. Also, it is extraordinary that there seems be little to prevent it from continuing as if nothing has happened.

After S&M "classics" there will be other names to remember as there is still S&M Triumph Spitfire LeMans of course and then S&M Classic Weddings which could be interesting. Peoples vows might be something like 'to thee we give our wallets'.

We've seen things like this before in the past such as dodgy builders but it comes as something as a shock in the gentlemanly world of TR's. 

Keep us updated Openroad - it is a steep learning curve for all of us - one that we wished we didn't have to endure.

3 hours ago, SandMan said:

It is too easy to use this modus operandi because unfortunately even in this over regulated country, it seems that legislation gives people no consumer or statutory protection in these circumstances. But if one is sold an out of date chocolate bar then one is overwhelmed with help from all manner of obscure authorities. 

I know nothing about the In's or Out's of this particular case, but if we are talking about Limited Companies and directors of them, then seeking disqualification as a director does tend to restrict someone's ability to keep repeating abuses.

Get in touch with the liquidators and make a claim in the liquidation for your losses.  You are unlikely to get anything but the liquidator is under a duty to investigate the directors and make report to the DTI about their conduct.  On that basis the DTI can bring proceedings for wrongful/ fraudulent trading which can lead to personal liability, disqualification and occasionally prison.  The DTI can be a bit crap but putting the liquidator on notice makes it hard for him to brush it under the carpet.

Bob

Good sound advice Chaps, 

Thankyou for taking the time on this,  there is no doubt that sandm need taking to task.

There is also no doubt that they will read this post  !

It's great that the word is getting about, the TR Register Thread on the subject is nearing 9000 views. !!!

Cheers Conrad. 

Personally even whilst contributing to it I'd rather see this thread dwindle out on Sideways, it would remain as a searchable resource via Google etc as a Caveat Emptor warning, but I'd rather the Sideways News feed returned to more technical topics, I'm fairly certain that most Sideways members are now fully aware that indulging in S&M practices can be painful! 

Alan

Always good to hear another person's view, but it's not necessarily everyone else's.

If you want Techinical Topics then Start them !

I am pleased that this has been well aired as that was more or less the sole purpose,  to warn others.

Check out one of their adverts , then look at his workshop......chalk and cheese, ....what a load of rubbish in the advert.

Just letting the World of Classics know the full story.

Conrad.

20180325_102545.jpg

8 hours ago, SandMan said:

It is too easy to use this modus operandi because unfortunately even in this over regulated country, it seems that legislation gives people no consumer or statutory protection in these circumstances.

This is true unfortunately - and also a problem for suppliers to such companies. The biogas industry seems quite prone to it at present, which is a problem for my employer.  A way that the filthy rich use to stay rich with your money, however ill-advised their "investments"......

I would echo the suggestion to state your claim to the liquidators.

I'm also with Alan in the view that this thread has served it purpose.  Hopefully I'll be back to contributing to the technical, though as I'm supposed to be filling and sanding and flatting the GT6........ it's really boring!

Nick

Phoenixing should be illegal. period. The End.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phoenix-companies-and-the-role-of-the-insolvency-service/phoenix-companies-and-the-role-of-the-insolvency-service

Read sections 3 and 4, but particularly 3 with regards to the  obligation of the insolvency practitioner to investigate and report.

On that note I too bow out of this and am going to hang about in technical waiting for Nick and Alan to write about some stuff I dont understand.

good luck .

1 hour ago, Bumblebee said:

On that note I too bow out of this and am going to hang about in technical waiting for Nick and Alan to write about some stuff I dont understand.

You'll be in good company I don't understand what I'm writing about either :thumbsup: