Help with engineering description.

I am looking for some small fittings such as the Ball end , or rod end pictured below, possibly between 3 to 5 mm rod size for a throttle linkage. However on these items the rod screws into the threaded part. I need parts in which the rod can rotate freely. Anyone know of such an item, or if it exists what would it me called? I have trawled the internet but without a technical description I am drawing a blank.

Many thanks,

Alan

ball end.jpg

rod end.jpg

Sorry I didn’t explain myself clearly.

I have a TR6 PI with Revington OH throttle linkage and the Prestige vertical rods which have the LH & RH thread on each rod so that they can be adjusted in situ.

The difficulty I have is that one full turn of the rod changes the length of the fitting by one thread  in the upper  ball joint and one thread in the lower ball joint, i.e. two threads adjustment for each full rotation of the rod. By replacing the lower ball joint with a swivel then one turn of the rod will change the length of the fitting by only one thread in the upper ball joint,  i.e. a 50% more delicate adjustment.

I have now found these on an American site with a UK office and I will be contacting them, they seem to be exactly what I need, the fitting incorporates a swivel ball joint in its centre section which allows the rod to rotate  when adjusting the throttle body synchronisation. 

Thanks to all,

Alan

6814-500x500.jpg