Sign in to follow this  
merside

Injectors

so I have started gathering parts for my triumph spit 6 and i got six injectors off fleabay on closer inspection three of the six have hairline cracks in the plastic shrouds, will this effect them, woth water ingress to the terminal ? regards wayne.

What style injector?  The older Bosch mainly metal bodies ones seem to be near indestructible, the more modern plastic-bodied ones rather more fragile......  Do you have the P/No, flow-rate and/or original vehicle application(s)?

Nick

sorry for the late reply they are denso injectors for the 2.5l jag, they might be too much i was trying to get some compact ones to keep the height as low as possible, i have also thought about bike ones as these are very compact,regards wayne

Not seen them go like that before......... doesn't look great. 

I've tended to stick to Bosch. Old style metal bodied EV1 in the Vitesse, later style plastic bodied EV6 in the PI. EV6 also come in a shorter packages (EV6K IIRC) as do the latest EV14 (EV14K). Also some very similar looking ones from Siemens often found in VAG cars though they tend to have oddball connectors.

ISTR that Renault are a good source of EV6K injectors though they tend to come in 4s.......

Nick

Ah ok super thanks that's most helpful, I will fit them up and see how i get on, I am sure your all going to get bombarded with questions shortly