Sign in to follow this  
merside

Hello from yorkshire

Hi guys, after Road racing motorbikes for many years a recent knee replacement has got me back into classic cars after hanging up my leathers, I have bought a triumph 1500 which is going the whole hog and I am fitting a straight six 2l engine, many questions need asking regarding the whole EFI upgrade and probably lots more. I have stripped the car to start cutting back the bulkhead for alteration to sit the engine further back and altering the uprights to sit it on E type jag mounts. I have the tr throttle bodies to convert and I am at the beginning of my journey, many regards wayne. 

Welcome Wayne, that sounds like a proper project.  How much work does the base car need?

As regards the PI throttle bodies, just be aware that getting them and the fuel rail to fit under the bonnet, even with a MK3 GT6 bonnet bulge is something of a challenge!

Pics always welcome!

Nick

Hi Nick, the car is a full restoration although panel wise i need a new drivers floor,sills and wing, everything else is good to go, everything is now off the chassis and i have nearly finished the rotisserie to help with the finishing of the tub. I collect the gearbox and overdrive so i can then mount the engine properly and get things underway properly, many regards wayne.

spit bitz.jpg

yes I am enjoying it, I am sure there will be lots of swearing to come, the welding and mechanical side i have confidence with its the voodoo of electrickery i am concerned about, lol.

Bugger... that's a nice garage, Wayne.  But I'd move your speakers further apart for better stereophonic effect.

Paul