Sign in to follow this  
Chippy63

Stag intake manifolds and plenum take 2

Ali intake trumpets all formed after anealing them first. Just waiting for large to be and bends to arrive so I can make the plenums.

6 minutes ago, Chippy63 said:

Ali intake trumpets all formed after anealing them first. Just waiting for large to be and bends to arrive so I can make the plenums.

That should be " large tubes and bends" don't seem to be able to edit posts on here?

Looking good...... and a little familiar.  Look forward to the finished article.  EFI Stag engine will be a transformation of some magnitude I reckon.  Mike Weaver was quite well on with one but has gone very quiet......

Nick

10 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Looking good...... and a little familiar.  Look forward to the finished article.  EFI Stag engine will be a transformation of some magnitude I reckon.  Mike Weaver was quite well on with one but has gone very quiet......

Thanks Nick. This is a mk2 manifold, you've probably seen my existing edu set up on here which like you say transformed the performance. This version is all about extra torque from the long inlet tracks and ease of getting at the centre of the engine whilst not trying to bolt the 2 heads together with a single manifold. I've not made it easy for myself doing it all in aluminiùm.

Turned up some end caps which I will also use to temp cap and mount the plenum tubes for welding which will also enable internal purging.

20180905_190445.jpg

19 hours ago, Chippy63 said:

I've not made it easy for myself doing it all in aluminiùm.

True..... but the end result will be worth it I'm sure.

Nick

Talking to my welding consultant/mate, I'm going to need a strong back on this plenum with some preload wound in as all the welding is on one side otherwise it will be like a banana once finished. So next thing fabricate up something.