• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All

We did 2 more passes today

Col d Aspin 1490 m 4868 feet

Col du Tourmalet 2115 m 6968 feet

Off to Angouleme tomorrow 

Spitty  is averaging 37 mpg but was lean at 2115m (18/20 @ tickover)

We had the company of an MGA and a Midget for a few miles

DSC07560.JPG

DSC07589.JPG

DSC07587.JPG

DSC07584.JPG

DSC07578.JPG

DSC07576.JPG

DSC07582.JPG

DSC07571.JPG

DSC07593.JPG

3 hours ago, triumphlux said:

Wow, what a great trip :biggrin:

And thank you to make us all dream of our futur trips :yes:

Enjoy the good weather and great scenery !

JC 

Hello JC

Do not dream it just book the ferry and go for it!

We all only have one life as far as I know! (Other jc types know better?)

Plus life is full of regrets!

Balcony view

Plus mad cyclists!

Roger

DSC07598.JPG

DSC07596.JPG

DSC07575.JPG

Roger,

I'm off today, en route for Tertres Rouge and CLM, in SofS.   Not so adventurous as your trip, but I plan to visit the old Reims-Gueuex GP road circuit again on the way.

See you at Le Mans?!  And all the other Triumpheros!

John

Hello All 

We are now about 70 miles south of Le Mans staying in yet another doss house(15th century)

We had no WiFi in Anglueme 

We have just had a thunderstorm that Noah would have liked! (Spittys hat is on)

Will not have WiFi at Le Mans (I do not do modern phones I use a camera and tablet etc)

Roger

P s m p g still about 37+ but she has used 1 lt of oil? (Not sure if the sump baffle is doing a proper job)

I did not think I had glazed the bores as only did 50 miles then wound her up and down for 150 miles!

P p s forgot to say this place is costing a fortune £80 approx for b& b and evening meal! (I fell robbed!)

P p p s just had a great meal with our hosts drunk 3 bottles of wine between 4 and calvados shots at 55% !!

It  is the down to earth tomorrow and camping! (O how the rich live!)   

DSC07602.JPG

DSC07605.JPG

DSC07618.JPG

DSC07627.JPG

DSC07620.JPG

DSC07628.JPG

DSC07622.JPG

Edited by rogerguzzi

Some doss house......... :)

There's always Hotel F1 if you like spartan. Actually usually clean and well run, but the other guests can be a bit scary!

The scale of the bill could be influenced by the booze intake. Calvados sounds lethal - are you eyeballs yellow this morning?

Enjoy Le Mans!

Nick

Hello All 

In saint nazaire now in an apartment so we have our own toilet etc and a fridge to keep the fizz cold! Plus all the other stuff and a washing machine! (Bliss)

Will sort out a few photos tomorrow

Roger

p s Spitty is in a nice cool underground car park!

Very much enjoying your photo diary Roger. Will be sad when you get home! You too probably........

Mpg sounds pretty good.  Might be a little more to come, I've heard people claim early 40s for 1500 Spits with OD. May depend on weight of right foot of course, though you have your Manager supervising ........

I've had over 40 mpg out of the Vitesse in France but only when being supervised!

Nick

On 7/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, Nick Jones said:

Enjoy it you both. I'm often tempted but put off by the crowds. I really don't do mass humanity.

I can enjoy your pics though :)

Hello Nick

When you are fighting fit which will be soon I am sure! Classic Le Mans is not that crowded go with the TSSC crowd and have fun!

Roger

Classic Le Mans was not as well attended this time.   Apart from the road between the paddocks, and the 'Village' (AKA tat-sales) there were fewer people and fewer cars in the Club areas.

The TSSC camp at Tertres Rouge was full, but they don't try to pack in as many as it could take, if everyone were hugger-mugger, like they are at, say, Houx campsite.  The Club area was spacious, I thought although never enough chairs!   But people were talking of getting there on the Wednesday (!) to reserve the spots they wanted.

If you could bring a bicycle or even a small powered bike, the distance of TR from the Paddocks etc would be minimised, as the Shuttle bus stops running at midnight!

My only other problem was that all the bar had in large cans was the French equivalent of Carlesberg Special Brew.    Unknowingly, I threw down two in quick succession after practice on Friday, and suddenly felt a bit overwrought!  Stuck to small tinnies after that.

John

Ah, the tinned beer issue.

We had a word with the TSSC shoppers as we were buying supplies in the Carrefour. And explained that the entertaining conversation I had had with the gate security people meant that glass WAS ok in campsites, but not in the public areas. Sort of makes sense...and the club must have checked as they were later selling bottles. The security were OK bunch, when asked what they were looking for I got the reply "bombs and guns" as opposed to glass bottles as was the case 2 years ago.

Hello All

Our last night in Frog back to Blighty  tomorrow it's has been a Fantastic trip (1900 miles now)

All I would say to you all is just do it ! 

If a nearly 73 year old can do it what is your excuse ???

It's not a rehearsal ! Just do it (life is full of regrets !) 

Roger

P s a bit p***ed on last night

P p s last few photos

P p p s will work out cost when home and tell you all!

P p p p s I have bought this boat on a whim! Do you think it will take much to restore it ? (Engine needs a touch of work!)

DSC07803.JPG

DSC07812.JPG

DSC07834.JPG

DSC07806.JPG

DSC07823.JPG

DSC07818.JPG

DSC07819.JPG