Can anyone recommend a reasonable "home workshop" quality 3/8 drive torque wrench that's marked up in lb.ft ?

(My 3/8 drive one has issues and my 1/2 drive is in N.m with lb.ft equivalents marked on the reverse, which is fine if you want to torque things to 36.9 lb.ft precisely)

Thanks John. I'll have a look at Halfords "Advanced"  ones, see what they've got.

My inch.lb 1/4" drive is a beam-style wrench, so I will keep an eye out for one like the ebay item you linked.

Cheers, Sam

We've got one of the Halfords baby 1/4" ones in the family - used for bicycle stuff.  It's nice.  My 1/2" one is a Teng one.  I like the Halfords one better.

Nick

The other alternative is an electric one.   I take mine racing, as the actual device is the size of a doorstop paperback, and works with any 1/2" socket and wrench.   Rather than take my tool box, because it was part of a tendency to take everything!   I now take a small selection in a briefcase sized tool case, which is too small for a full sized torque wrench.

The gadget will bleep at a preset level display the current torque, or the maximum reached.  V.versatile!

John

That sounds expensive John!

I've gone for a 1/2 drive beam type from the USA with a 3/8" adapter, it looked STURDY

I like the look of the 3/8" drive halfords one though..... mmm can't resist buying more things for the garage.

I have owned a Norbar torque wrench for about 30 years. Well made, nice quality tool.

Mark

26 minutes ago, Martin said:

I like the Carolus stuff. There is Gedore inside.

Reasonably priced.

I think Carolus might be just out of my price bracket - it looks like great kit though

13 hours ago, Mark said:

I have owned a Norbar torque wrench for about 30 years. Well made, nice quality tool.

Mark

That looks like an alternative to consider over the Halfords kit, not much difference in price.

14 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Snap-on! saying that Mac tools is probably better value & i have enough of their gear.

I'm not sure I can stretch to a Snap-on! Maybe if my lottery numbers come up on Friday? ;-)

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Muck Fe! That's about a fifth of the price I was expecting John! I hadn't even imagined that such a thing existed until you mentioned it.

Cheers, Sam

30 minutes ago, yorkshire_spam said:

Muck Fe! That's about a fifth of the price I was expecting John! I hadn't even imagined that such a thing existed until you mentioned it.

Cheers, Sam

Hello Sam

I have one of those as well and it works well

Roger