Mission, Ignition!

Well done John.  9.5.....  I've docked half a point because it didn't start first time and you had the fuel pipes (?) the wrong way round.

Good to see Tom and Vinny on there with you, and I loved your idea for deciding which of you got the car!  Vinny will probably paint it yellow.

just retreated indoors too cold to want to potter around the cars even undercover, got cold this morning out there talking TR8's with prospective purchaser of my Brown FHC, why does car talk expand to fill twice the time available? Anyway now armed with cup of coffee and doughnut and about to watch JD in MI

ALAN

JOHN! nail biting stuff, really enjoyed, won't spoil it for those who have still to catch it, but nice to see that despite all the space the tradition of having everything cluttered/strewn around you on the floor as though working in a lock up or under a car port in the rain prevailed. Also the small Triumph anticipation that if the bonnet is off then just about everything will go!

alan

Given no manuals what happened about torque settings , or was tight enough good enough :lol:

56 minutes ago, Hamish said:

nd for triumph guys you all look so normal !!

thats because you are one as well now :teehee:

56 minutes ago, Hamish said:

final run being 75.09s

good time, i told chris to tell you i was expecting a 74. something from you, but as i understand it was f cold so tyres would have been way off optimum, still august to come!

alan

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

Finally caught up with MI 

great fun. 

Was it as tight a finish as it was edited to look ?

and for triumph guys you all look so normal !!:ninja:

Yes, It was that tight!     We could hear the other team churning theirs as we frantically finished fitting dash board trim.   Rules said everything had to be refitted before yelling "RALPH!"

They got some wires the wrong way round - so did we but we spotted it and Varooooooooooom!

John

PS don't all Triumph guys look like me?  Or my avatar?     I use the same on a US TRiumph site, and had mentioned the programme there.   Someone there asked, where was I in the programme, as he hadn't been able to recognise me.   I know, it's an old picture.    I mean when I was first captured, I wasn't just wild, I was furious.    But I've learnt to shave (all-over) and wear a suit, three-piece, not gorilla.   I suppose I am difficult to recognise these days.

gorilla_in_suit_by_oatsie77_dbje6qd-fullview.jpg

41 minutes ago, oldtuckunder said:

thats because you are one as well now :teehee:

good time, i told chris to tell you i was expecting a 74. something from you, but as i understand it was f cold so tyres would have been way off optimum, still august to come!

alan

I am a triumphite now that’s for sure. 

I did my best. At least it stayed dry it would have been ice racing if it had had precipitation!  

you were missed by all Alan. 

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

PS don't all Triumph guys look like me?  Or my avatar?     I use the same on a US TRiumph site, and had mentioned the programme there.   Someone there asked, where was I in the programme, as he hadn't been able to recognise me.   I know, it's an old picture.    I mean when I was first captured, I wasn't just wild, I was furious.    But I've learnt to shave (all-over) and wear a suit, three-piece, not gorilla.   I suppose I am difficult to recognise these days.

What is it about Gorillas... they never wear properly-fitting shirts!  Is it the chest-beating?

Paul