Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

Tyre pressure sensors

I trailer my race car to events, and have fitted the trailer wheels with sensors, to warn of deflation, but they are 'just' fancy valve caps, and when there is a warning, I have to check all four tyres.    It's not a  trivial test as each cap must be removed, which involves a lock nut, before the pressure guage can be used.

My car has sensors in the tyre valves, or wheels, so that the car tells me if a tyre deflates, and which one!    Is there a system for trailer wheels that will do this?
Thanks,
John

HI John

I've seen wireless tyre pressure sensors on eBay advertised for trucks and trailers in the past. From memory they screw onto the valve with the receiver in the car.

Mark

That's what I've got, but unlike the car, they don't tell me which tyre.

John

RR, what's your problem?   There's humour, joshing and banter, but those are joking, funny, witty.   Your suggestions on this subject have been none of those.   Have I offended you in some way, that you want to offend me?

John

To answer your original question John, it looks as though there is a choice of systems out there that will do what you want, using both internal and external sensors

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/99153/tyre-pressure-monitoring-systems-2018-group-test

https://www.amazon.com/Schrader-SCH-BRK-4PC-Retrofit-Passenger-Wireless-Battery/dp/B008YQOZMG

Don't know how they are for range as I guess the trailer will be a bit further away......

Nick