How'd they do that ?

Peter

The evidence for other life is conveniently circumstantial - occasional unsubstantiated sightings, the tendency of people with questionable characters to be the bearers of experience reports, almost-credible alternative explanations to reports from reliable witnesses, etc.

It would seem very convenient to govt for the issue of suppression to be more readily discussed than the veracity of the sightings themselves, on the basis that there is nothing like a conspiracy theory to deflect discussion from the underlying facts and focus on what is being assumed/guessed at.

And yet... we humans insist on sending 'road maps' out into deep space, to tell any lifeform, potential friend or potential foe, where we are.  Hawking identified this as man's second greatest folly, after the unregulated pursuit of AI.  He was right.

Cheers

Paul

My rationalisation of the phenomena implicates time, the most ill-understood area of physics.

There is enough evidence published to be certain there are engineered things that have flight capabilties that appear to disobey physics as we knwo it.

Evidence for life-forms on board UFOs (humanoids) is sketchy.

But all is explicable if time travel back in time is feasible and the UFOs have achived it. The only reason we think retrgorade time is impossible coems form thrmodynamics and entropy increasing. Broken plates dont remend etc  But in QM tiem is not involved at all. The issue with entropic time is that at the Big ban gthe univers would have to be perfection - low entropy, highly organised. Carlo Rovelli proposes that , in order to avoid that improable BB state and keep the overall entropy of the universe constant, time may flow backwards in parts of it. Backwards time has been invoked to explain photons in the double slit exets. To our physicist time is deeply puzzling. My guess, from aspecta of their behaviuor is UFOs reveal a mastery of time and abily to manipulate it.. An ability to fly  abck i time leads to the ccncusion that UFOs are not alien craft but humnas from our distant future. Alens invoke extra imporbablities, like impossibl long interstellar distcnces to travel. The simplsit explanation is retrograde time. Indeed UFOs appear to deliberately avoid contact with us.Bearing in mind the grandfather paradox, thast in their interests !

AS the black hole Nobelist Kip Thorne says in the context of relativity: "You fall to where time flows slowest".What if a UFO can create its own slow time ?? Even backwrads time. And their humanoid occupants historians and anthropologists from our future, exploring their antecedents...us.

Peter

Edited by PeterC

It's a fascinating (and strangely reassuring) theory, Peter.  It could indeed be that our descendants have discovered how to return from one of Rovelli's future loops.  There is a pleasing sense to their logical reluctance to make contact with us (and an equally rounded explanation as to why the fringe 'abducted by aliens' folk are, to be polite, a little unhinged), although the reason for their return would then be acutely fascinating - have they come to make sure that we do what we are supposed to do and that no other time travellers have interfered in their destiny, or have they come to have a laugh at our stupidity?

I grasp (but don't in any way understand) the contradiction between GR and QM ( “quantum mechanics cannot deal with the curvature of space-time, and general relativity cannot account for quanta” - Rovelli), but I don't understand why the universe would have to be in near-perfect state at the BB, though - isn't that a contradiction, since BB must have resulted from some incalculable imbalance?

Paul

The problem with Time Travel is that it also involves huge spacial distances and incredibly complex 3D navigation calculations to even travel a few mins backwards or forwards in time let alone years or centuries.

I'll cite you a simple example, your sat at your desk and lets say you could snap your fingers and jump back in time 2 mins,  SNAP!  you unfortunately find that your not at your desk but embeded in the middle of a hill, or are falling rapidly towards the sea!   Problem is the earth is rotating quite fast, 2 mins ago where your desk is now it was a hill or the sea that was in that position in space if you only count the rotation of the earth, now if you factor in that the earth is also rotating around the sun also at a fairly high speed, you will find that two mins ago where you are now was probably in space with  the earth hurtling towards it.  Now factor in that the Sun is also part of a rotating Galaxy, that is part of a rapidly expanding Cosmos, and you will see that in just two mins the spacial distance between where you are and where you were is staggering.!  

I'm not saying things can't travel backwards or forwards through time, but if they can I suspect where they end up is entirely up to chance/luck

Alan 

Maybe instead of a jump they navigate backwards in time exepriencg every moment, adjusting their track.

The 'block time'  theory suggests the whole of space time, past/now/future is laid out like a loaf, one slice being now. If that is true

then maybe navigation becomes the equivalnet of a look up table. And thay only have to interrogate the tables for earth's vicinity.

Peter

20 hours ago, PaulAA said:

It's a fascinating (and strangely reassuring) theory, Peter.  It could indeed be that our descendants have discovered how to return from one of Rovelli's future loops.  There is a pleasing sense to their logical reluctance to make contact with us (and an equally rounded explanation as to why the fringe 'abducted by aliens' folk are, to be polite, a little unhinged), although the reason for their return would then be acutely fascinating - have they come to make sure that we do what we are supposed to do and that no other time travellers have interfered in their destiny, or have they come to have a laugh at our stupidity?

I grasp (but don't in any way understand) the contradiction between GR and QM ( “quantum mechanics cannot deal with the curvature of space-time, and general relativity cannot account for quanta” - Rovelli), but I don't understand why the universe would have to be in near-perfect state at the BB, though - isn't that a contradiction, since BB must have resulted from some incalculable imbalance?

Paul

I think the low entropy state at the BB comes from a backwards extrapolation based upon entropy remorselessly increasing around us. If entropy is increasignly high now it must have been lowest at the BB.  The BB itself is questioned. Lee Smolin posits a big bounce and a sequence of universes, each with different, even evolving, particles and forces. Inflation that creates a cosmos of space in a tiny fraction of a scond is queried now. The CMB is howerver very uniform indeed, varying by only about 1/1000 deg K across the sky. And those diffrence being blamed upon quantum fluctuations during inflation.

The UFO designers must have sorted that lot out long ago. But they dare not tell us for fear of detroying their own future.

Peter