Still Waiting For GT 6-3-1 Manifold

Mr Tiger

Hi,
I paid Gareth in full for a 6-3-1 manifold in June 2014. The last I heard from him was in July 2017 when he said he'd be sending it ASAP via air freight. Still no sign of it. Has anyone had to wait this long for parts from him before?

Chris

Hi

I waited something like 5 years for a OD-transmission.  I was not in a hurry, and has actually not fitted it yet, as the old transmission held up fine (until 10CR...)

I have also had a good wait for som of his plasmaplugs, but has never found that he did not deliver at all.

I find GT honest though somewhat logistic challenged. 

In short - I have never been let down by GT.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks everyone for the replies and PMs. Nick I'm sorry you had to wait 5 years for your transmission but somewhat heartened all the same as I've only been waiting 3 years and 10 months. 

I hope to be able to update this thread at some point in the future with a positive outcome.

Cheers,

Chris

On 5/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, Mr Tiger said:

Thanks everyone for the replies and PMs. Nick I'm sorry you had to wait 5 years for your transmission but somewhat heartened all the same as I've only been waiting 3 years and 10 months. 

I hope to be able to update this thread at some point in the future with a positive outcome.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris

Hope it works out for you. The 5 year wait for the gearbox was partially my own fault. I wasn't exactly being assertive about it, and I was not in need of the gearbox, was just reserving it for a future occasion (which is now, some 3 years after delivery :-) )

All good. Just hope the box is as good as promised. 

Cheers

Nick

10 hours ago, PaulAA said:

Is this the same 'Gareth' who experiences bouts of Tourette's on the TRR forum?

Is it true that he is ensconced somewhere in the Baltics?

Cheers

Paul

To be honest I was one of those who made him bring out his Tourettes.

One point was that he based his tuning results on a dyno sheet with a wheel loss of a about 50Kw

of the wheel to get a pretty high BHP at the crank. A very easy job indicating that somebody pulled

the brakes when running out after the measurement. This gives a higher loss reading and pushes the crank BHP.

The other thing was that I met him at Stoneleigh with a pretty poor modified TR6 head.

Scratches on the valve seats and a bit of grinding in the combustion chamber didn't make that

item a modified tuning head. More scrap than ready to use.

Last point where he was upset was when Chris at TR-Freunde Forum found out that his diagrams

looked pretty similar to a similation software he knows and he admitted that several flow sheets have not

been made on the bench but are simply simulations with the software.

And a last point where he was a upset was that Chris reported Bastuck had told him he was travelling to France

to get outstanding money from GT and met him at the coast in a sandy hole and did not get any money.

So he is not far away, travelling in BRD, Belgium and Netherlands and from time to time he pops up in GB like I  met him at Stoneleigh and makes some business

leaving burned soil as the last I know with the TR6 V8 driver at the Register forum for whom he tried to make a rear diff and

the got trouble and if I understood correct, the diff was not okay and/or not passed back to him.

Ahh GT, I miss him.

To be clear, he's not unwelcome here - he excommunicated himself.

In my dealings with him, he's blackmailed me, failed to deliver, delivered to a location I couldn't access (on the other side of the world), refused to give me tech detailsI needed, volunteered technical details I didn't need, abused me, broken fences, mended fenced, called me a thief, supplied what I paid for eventually, then disappeared.

Would I buy from him again?  Only if I could look him in the eye, and have him do the work to a written standard, timeline and price agreed before commencement, stand beside him till he finished, and keep him away from keyboards.

That being said, I kinda miss having him around here.  He's not evil, he's just different.

Chris, I feel your pain, and wish you luck getting your parts.

C

GT6MK3 am I right: You paid for an item you never got

and had a lot of trouble trying to make him deliver the parts

and still would give him a forum where he can fool other people

like one of the last who was simonjrwinter with the diff in the Register Forum?

That would give a very bad reputation to this forum in my opinion.

That is crazy! People must be warned instead not to rely on such people and prevented to give him money.

The only way if somebody feels the need to buy those items is directly out of the trunk of his

rotten Jaguar in which he lives............

37 minutes ago, Triumph-V8 said:

That is crazy! People must be warned instead not to rely on such people and prevented to give him money.

The only way if somebody feels the need to buy those items is directly out of the trunk of his

Hi

I feel that is a bit harsh towards GT. I have bought items from GT on three different occasions. Even though delivery has been somewhat - ahem - stalled regarding the gearbox, the quality of delivered items has not been an issue. Though I can only speak for myself here. Perhaps I was just lucky, perhaps my items were good since I was not in a rush and could wait for years and years before delivery, and did not bother him inbetween with trifles as will I ever see my items (mostly because I was going through divorce...)  :-)

I miss GT on this forum. He might be different, but things definitely was never boring with him around - especially when Dave Sideways also was a contributing member and they tried to outsmart each-other.

Cheers

Nick

28 minutes ago, Nick B. said:

Hi

I feel that is a bit harsh towards GT. I have bought items from GT on three different occasions. Even though delivery has been somewhat - ahem - stalled regarding the gearbox, the quality of delivered items has not been an issue. Though I can only speak for myself here. Perhaps I was just lucky, perhaps my items were good since I was not in a rush and could wait for years and years before delivery, and did not bother him inbetween with trifles as will I ever see my items (mostly because I was going through divorce...)  :-)

I miss GT on this forum. He might be different, but things definitely was never boring with him around - especially when Dave Sideways also was a contributing member and they tried to outsmart each-other.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

I speak only as a casual observer from a ring-side seat, but the spats that GT got into on the TRR forum always seem to follow a well-rehearsed path, starting with a confrontational response to some poor unwitting soul who expressed an opinion in his field of expertise, followed by increasingly acrimonious responses to anybody whose view did not coincide exactly with his, culminating in ad hominem assaults on the victim, his family and practically anybody within a 10-mile radius.  Usual wrapped up in the most fascinating contortions of language.  As one completely unable to judge the engineering content, it was difficult not to suspect that his increasing hysteria was hiding a position that could well have been fundamentally incorrect.

It would have been amusing, were it not for the fact that his most recent tirade offered the carrot for the pre-industrial dinosaurs hiding behind the TRR committee (or whatever pulls its strings) to close At The Bar.

Cheers

Paul

1 hour ago, Triumph-V8 said:

Nope.  You're wrong.  I sad he "Supplied what I paid for eventually".

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.  If GT tries to sell his wares on here, there will be plenty of people to counter any outlandish claims or promises, and he'll have to operate in the open.

That this is the only forum that hasn't kicked him off, but that he left voluntarily should give you a clue about how ruthlessly he was and will be treated when overstepping the line.

Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I won't give them the chance to speak, but they will get both barrels from me if they're a dick.

GT has customers on here who are happy with him, and some who aren't.  I like some of his work, but I don't like some of his practices.  His keyboard warrior persona is something I've dealt with before - this is a strong enough community to see through his bullshit, but might also learn from his strengths at times.

Ahh GT, striring controversy without a single post in nearly 4 years.  

Craig