Bosch Style LSU 4.2 Wideband Sensors £30

Hi Just a quick heads up for those looking for a 5 wire 4.2 Wideband sensor. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5V-3737-Air-Fuel-Wideband-O2-Oxygen-Sensor-Innovate-For-LM-1-LC-1-LSU4-2-PLX/401372414599?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Bought a pair of these as one of the ones on my twin Innovate set up was going faulty, and it seemed better to buy a pair rather than mix'n'match just in case there were subtle differences, but anyway they have arrived, look identical (and I mean identical) to my originals, have the correct plugs on.

Don't know if they work yet, but see no reason why they won't.

But at under £30 including postage, way way cheaper than buying  here or from the US.

Alan

No, in that respect they are identical to the expensive originals that came with the Innovate Kit, that implied they were Bosch, but in lax american advertising standards way probably meant "Bosch Like", nb Innovate are currently charging $93 each, plus shipping, plus duty and vat if you import them!

Alan

There is a part number on bag but probably means nothing SKU378257-2FG10   1225-0-12082

Pretty sure the ones that came with my kits actually said Bosch on them.......... and when I looked up the Bosch number I couldn't find them anywhere for less than the complete kit.  That was a while ago and happily the Vitesse one still works fine (and it's done some work too!).  The PI one went with the PI, though if I'd had half a brain I would have kept it!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Well getting closer to engine restart time, so started to fit the new sensors, to the new exhaust manifolds, and thought I was about to report that these sensors were rubbish as one of them wouldn't fit!, but my problem turned out to be elsewhere.

Because to get them in I have to mount the sensors fairly close to the head, advise from Innovate is to use extended bungs to keep the sensors out of the very hot gas flow, these are extenders that are full bore, not the missing CAT cheat ones that move the sensor out and also only have a tiny hole to prevent most of the exhaust gases getting anywhere near the sensor.

Last manifold I had long bungs welded to manifolds, this time I went for short ring welded to manifolds and used proper extenders. 

Test fitted one sensor and it screwed in a treat, came to number two and I couldn't get the thread to start, and could feel that the sensor wouldn't go far enough into the bung, thought bugger sensor out of spec!, but no turns out sensor fine, but bore on one extender hasn't been machined out enough!  

Fortunately I can throw in lathe and re-leave it a bit (although 2/10's of a mm blind centre boring is only just in my pay grade), but really glad they weren't out of spec weld in bungs, as I would never have thought to check them before having welded in, and removing a whole header and spinning it in the lathe might have been problematic :biggrin:

Alan

5aa51d7d13cad_SensorBung1(Large).thumb.jpg.9293c11ec208d624329dccd673c82378.jpg5aa51d6beb047_SensorBung2(Large).thumb.jpg.dbaeabf5db18ed96e2a4154661223744.jpg