Sign in to follow this  
Nick Jones

TR Register track day Castle Coombe April 4th

See you there.....I have an extra driver for the "beginner" sessions in the shape of Molly.

Just need to make some seat pads. She is a bit challenged heightwise!

I've got both of them.  Chris is now fairly familiar with the car.  Steven (little bro) not so much.  He won't have driven it before.......  He's got potential though.  We did a skid pan day at CC last year and we finished off with a small autotest in a 3 series BMW and out of a field of 10 the Jones's provided the top three. However, I was only second.......  He'd never driven RWD before except a couple of karting sessions.

Nick

Impressive family!

Lucy has absolutely no interest in any form of "competitive" driving (excellent driver on the roads though) but is very happy navigating.

Molly really caught us out. She loves driving, and had a go at a driving experience last year. So as long as I can get the seating correct (I have a plan involving a generic seat cover and slab of 2" thick foam) all should be well.

I am really impressed that the TRR register are offering the extra "E" sessions, they have done them before, and takeup is low (ideal) plus it means the main drivers don't lose any time on track.

BTW have fretted long and hard about tyre choice, and in the end have purchased a set of Michelin Crossclimates. The reasoning is that when we were at Brands in Nov 16, it was chilly (!) and cars were flying off in all directions. And average max temps in March (when I am off to Silverstone) are 8, so a good chance of it being colder, especially early in the day. April is a bit more hopeful, but not a lot.... We will see how they perform. Must say costwise I was pleasantly surprised, £200 a set....but not available in 13"

Lack of serious competition if we are honest.......

Steven is VERY competitive.  He races at CC on his bicycle from time to time and has one a few days before so will know the track - albeit at rather different speeds!

Nick