Is there room for one more?

Pogo

Thanks folks.

Lots of familiar faces and names.

Rat look is going well, although under a cover in my garage at the moment waiting for me to get my finger out and do a couple of little things to it.

Hamish - I have a TR6 and a TR2 (the rat that Peter mentioned). I'm in Cuddington.

Had the '6 out yesterday. I needed to 'fix' the washer switch after is decided to pack up in the day of the MOT last year. Had to rig up a temporary switch and I've been meaning to sort it since. Spent some time on it yesterday. Took the old switch out, tested it and it worked. Wired it back up and it worked. Took it off again, cleaned the contacts to make sure. Put it all back and everything as it should be. Decided to take it on a quick run for some fresh fuel. I love that car! It was a bit cold though so didn't go far.

Roger

Hi Andrew

Pontefract isn't that close to us - 80 miles away, but if you're passing on your way let me know and I'll put the kettle on (although I would think you'll just go up the M1).

Speak to you soon. I am thinking/hoping to start the book soon!

Rog

2 hours ago, Pogo said:

Hi Andrew

Pontefract isn't that close to us - 80 miles away, but if you're passing on your way let me know and I'll put the kettle on (although I would think you'll just go up the M1).

Speak to you soon. I am thinking/hoping to start the book soon!

Rog

Hi Rog,

If time permits, I was think of dropping the Kawasaki labels off which are still attached to the tail piece.............:biggrin:

Cheers, Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed.... not much of a polisher myself.  Vitesse had "10 foot" paint finish at best and nearly 30 years on  is becoming a bit scrofulous.....

When I restored my Herald 1200 it went for MoT before final bodywork and paint and was about 6 different colours, including various shades of primer, above the waterline.  Below though it was pristine conifer green with shiny copper brake pipes etc.  The man scowled when he first saw it and the double take when he first walked under it and looked up was priceless.  The only advisory was not to take the piss!

Nick

14 hours ago, PeterC said:

My 6 has "10 inch paint"   - the area I can see when driving. Even the brush marks are invisible.

Peter

But Peter - it's not the paint (is it Hammerite?) or brush marks that you look at when you see (or hear) your car!

Roger,  It was a demon tweek, fitting the biggest blower I could find , to take attention away from the Smoothrite. And the EP140/molygrease mixture that sprayed out of the blower shaft and congealed all over the engine bay is , of course,  real patina !  The dBA is a problem...no track days until its sorted ...but I shll miss the crescendo of sound as the boost climbs...Peter

On 2/17/2018 at 12:56 AM, Pogo said:

Pete

I've always been a little disappointed that they stopped the Wooden Spoon Award.

Roger

I would have won one of those.

When the Jag club bods meeting across the road came to admire my TR4A restoration, one politely asked what colour I was going to paint it.

I had to tell him I'd just finished the final coat a couple of days before.

1 hour ago, littlejim said:

I would have won one of those.

When the Jag club bods meeting across the road came to admire my TR4A restoration, one politely asked what colour I was going to paint it.

I had to tell him I'd just finished the final coat a couple of days before.

Hah, the pale grey colour of my Vitesse means I've been putting up with that question for most of the last 30 years........  Though, strangely enough, in the last few years the unusual colour has started attracting positive comment.  It's pretty obviously not new paint now and in some places it's worn through to the primer, which is nearly the same colour.

Nick