TR recovery vehicle

foster461

Very smart!

Can't compete with a proper Triumph breakdown truck, though! It's a preWar Renown, seen on the 'Net.

Mine travels by open air, and I've just completed replacing the rotted marine ply decking with rot-proof "Ekoply", made from recycled plastics.  As good as new!

John

Triumph breakdown truck.jpg

P1030853.JPG

Edited by JohnD

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Very smart!

Can't compete with a proper Triumph breakdown truck, though! It's a preWar Renown, seen on the 'Net.

Mine travels by open air, and I've just completed replacing the rotted marine ply decking with rot-proof "Ekoply", made from recycled plastics.  As good as new!

John

Triumph breakdown truck.jpg

P1030853.JPG

Very nice John. Does the frame support some sort of canopy to protect the front of the car on the trailer ?

Stan

It's a Brian James Trailer, a MinnoSport.    Just big enough for the Vitesse, even if it does overhang the back end, tows straight and level at at least 70mph, and I've had a blow out which casued no instability at all.    R

After at least ten years living in the open, the galvanising is undeteriorated.    An excellent trailer!     Just refitted the decking with rot-proof Ekoply, in place of the orignal marine ply.  See: 

John

After a fuel pump failure at my last hill climb I claimed my dad’s old trailer he no longer used. Only needed a new set of tyres - age not wear- Having the tow bar and electrics fitted was a bit expensive. There is a bit of an overhang but tows well when I took the car to the TRR stand at the NEC last year. 

And hopefully means I won’t be stranded  

but I will have to make sure the car is warmed up before a competitive run  

the drive to the events used to do that  

hD660384A-691C-488B-B1CB-E8FBBEF93A4F.thumb.jpeg.305aa05a4000eca5fa5a37efc4e253fc.jpeg

4E363D77-2C9D-421C-99E3-D2E50D7B2640.jpeg

41044344-24DA-4040-90F9-F2E844F12609.jpeg

8C339E81-E25D-4410-B8E7-BDEA82AA7C8E.jpeg

Hi 

thank you for the kind words about my 3a

the camera man is a Derek Hibbert pictures from a mega hot Shelsley Walsh last summer. 

I wish i could claim a coventry works connection with the car and registration, it was made there ! And driven by a works driver. The chap who drove it off the line at least. And it was used in Coventry at the start. 

Perhaps some more digging ?!?

h