First Visit

rogerguzzi

Hello All

I thought I would take Nicks advice and visit this area(big isn't it and the Graffatiti on the walls is quite rude!.)

Now what was I going to rant about???????????

But what ever it was it will make BUGGER all difference!

Still its warm in here from all the hot air!

I think I will get back to talking B****ks about old cars!

Still nice to see the other side!

Roger

ps night night

R&M.jpg

12 hours ago, TR5tar said:

I feel strangely comfortable in here. Reminds me of the spare bedroom!

Darren

Hello Darren

I assume you spend a lot of time in there?

The Memsahib says I should have a bed in the garage!

I think I should knock a hole in the wall of the house so the cars can be worked on in the warm!

She can sleep in the garage.

Roger

DSC05818.JPG

14 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Darren

I assume you spend a lot of time in there?

The Memsahib says I should have a bed in the garage!

I think I should knock a hole in the wall of the house so the cars can be worked on in the warm!

She can sleep in the garage.

Roger

:biggrin: No, so far I've managed to avoid being banished to the spare room, but then I've only been married 5 months, so there's plenty of time. 

I'm lucky to have a door directly from my office into the garage, so I can have it open while I'm supposed to be working and smell the oil. I could be tempted to knock through a picture window too.

Darren   

Just now, TR5tar said:

:biggrin: No, so far I've managed to avoid being banished to the spare room, but then I've only been married 5 months, so there's plenty of time. 

I'm lucky to have a door directly from my office into the garage, so I can have it open while I'm supposed to be working and smell the oil. I could be tempted to knock through a picture window too.

Darren   

Hello Darren

Just take the WHOLE wall out

5 months! plenty of time for the B****ngs to start then/

Roger

Hello All

Not really a Rant more a request

It is nice to see lots of new faces/posts and I am guilty of silly remarks as you will have seen(warped sense of humour)

But it would be a shame if it turns into the usual mud slinging contest as seen elsewhere!

Please do not get me wrong Bad ish language does not bother me nor P**s taking if done on the right level!

Plus its healthy for you to say your car is bigger/faster/better/etc than mine but that is only your own opinion! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! some people I am told like MGb,s(only joking?) 

Lets face it they are just old cars and if they did not exist tomorrow the world would still go round(a few people out of work) and unless you are going to have it buried with you (not sure about cremation! I think they would B***GER the oven up! ) someone else will own or scrap it one day.

Plus I have liked all the Technical help I have had off the forum plus I hope given some back and caused a few laughs at the cock ups!

Plus we all inspire others to get their hands dirty and have a go(These are only simple cars that were built to be serviced and repaired by the Average Mechanic if you were lucky if not the Apprentice)

Its only when you start b****ering about with them they get a bit fussy/upperty and bite you in the bum!

But with the help of this forum the bite can be smaller.

Now PeterC has got me thinking of water injection and I have not built the bl***dy engine yet! (block and crank still away and waiting for my Newman PH2 camshaft)

So it is all good at the moment and getting better(or worse now I am thinking of water injection)

But it beats the Sh*t out of scuby do puzzles in my book!

Roger

ps my tidy garage

DSC05904.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Roger thats a "Proper" garage, and in perfect order, I bet you know where everything is.

Would love to have a lathe but pretty certain I wouldn't be able to use one, an 8 start thread is hard to achieve I'm told.

The only bit I dislike is the GAS canister they scare me to death, its like having a  pet unexploded bomb as a pet....................

Got me coat!

On 1/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Darren

Just take the WHOLE wall out

Roger

You're a dangerous man Roger. When I read your comment above I actually swung around in my office chair, looked at the wall and thought ... Ummm, I could do that! :blink: 

1 hour ago, TR5tar said:

You're a dangerous man Roger. When I read your comment above I actually swung around in my office chair, looked at the wall and thought ... Ummm, I could do that! :blink: 

Hello Darren

If I can help someone to realize their potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

ps Go on you know you want to?

On 1/6/2018 at 6:46 PM, rogerguzzi said:

ps my tidy garage

DSC05904.JPG

Hi Roger

That's an impressive garage.  Remarkably similar to mine, in fact.  So I thought it might be an amusing exercise to see whether the eagle-eyed in the Sideways fraternity could spot the subtle differences between your garage and mine.  I have spotted two so far.  Can others spot more?

My garage:

DSC_2649.jpg

4 hours ago, PaulAA said:

Hi Roger

That's an impressive garage.  Remarkably similar to mine, in fact.  So I thought it might be an amusing exercise to see whether the eagle-eyed in the Sideways fraternity could spot the subtle differences between your garage and mine.  I have spotted two so far.  Can others spot more?

My garage:

DSC_2649.jpg

Hello Paul 

That,s easy black and yellow stripes other than that it looks about the same perhaps a touch bigger?

Roger

21 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Paul's has a car in it. 3 even........  Whereas Roger's has car making stuff instead.

Nick

Hello Nick

I have cars as well(well one car?)

But I find they get in the way of REAL car stuff?(I think I have some polish somewhere?)

HA Ha  no offence meant

Roger

DSC05899.JPG

DSC05900.JPG

Like Roger's, the picture of my garage captures a large proportion of my parts and consumables stock.  Unlike Roger's, my stock fits in the shoe box captured in living colour in the middle of the picture, which can be whisked away to a secure location at the end of a fettling session.  One of the pleasures of a communal subterranean garage...

To be precise, Nick, there are two cars in the picture (mine). And a Chrysler 300.  My neighbour acquired said 'thing' in what can only be described as an unaccountable aberration of judgement.

Paul

13 minutes ago, PaulAA said:

Like Roger's, the picture of my garage captures a large proportion of my parts and consumables stock.  Unlike Roger's, my stock fits in the shoe box captured in living colour in the middle of the picture, which can be whisked away to a secure location at the end of a fettling session.  One of the pleasures of a communal subterranean garage...

To be precise, Nick, there are two cars in the picture (mine). And a Chrysler 300.  My neighbour acquired said 'thing' in what can only be described as an unaccountable aberration of judgement.

Paul

Hello Paul

Gold bars????

Roger

Hello All

I wish I had trained as a dentist? had a small filling today!!

I would have retired rich at about 50?

Not trying to upset our dentist friends I just trained wrong! B*****r!

Still I would not have a garage full of valuable spares(Cr*p)?

Roger

1 hour ago, oldtuckunder said:

Easy to identify the Triumph, its the one with the cardboard drip tray :biggrin:

Alan

Hello All

That's not a drip tray it's to stop the concrete dust getting onto the bottom of the car! and spoiling the knockers finish

Roger

4 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

In this household it isn't the Triumphs that piddle on things....... it's the VAG products.  The (now departed) A8 was particularly incontinent.

Nick

Hello All

When you get to my age you wish it was the cars!

Roger

3 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello All

That's not a drip tray it's to stop the concrete dust getting onto the bottom of the car! and spoiling the knockers finish

Roger

It's an insurance policy to avoid having to pay the housing association (again...) for 'special cleaning'.

I work on the basis that drips are a good sign - if it's British and doesn't leak, it must be empty.  It's an outlook that has proven reliable through the upbringing of two children :blink:

Paul