Insane, at least if not worse

There are no oily bits as there was nothing with the car, only the Body with roll Cage.:blink:

I got  a front used front Suspension which I shot blasted in my Cabinet  with already rebuildt brake calipers. Rear axle is in the car and was the old one from my racing days, but that is quite clean. 

Weber DCOE I already have, engine was sourced from a race Driver and was rebuildt and nicely painted. Rest missing and will be sourced when nice offers Show up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

as the body with all parts is still with the paint shop, I started to do small jobs as I´m on the recovery from a surgery and only allowed to do Things that are not exhausing ang weig up to 5kg. The DCOE are lighter. For the first time I did som blasting with glas bead.

dcoe glasgestrahlt.jpg

Edited by Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do have an used but  rebuildt engine from an ex Racer. Gearbox still needed. Most parts  present like Radiator cooling fan , heating matrix , starter, alternator . I always bought parts when a cheap offer came up.

still on the search for an oil cooler with adaptor. 

Have an 085 series box here that came from our old Arosa. Took it out because it had the gears from a 1.0 petrol engine car (no good for a diesel as on the governer at 68mph), but as it has the front casing for a diesel (big block series) and you probably have a small block 1300 it’s probably not much use.....

Free to a good home (or anyone who wants it)

Previous owners I do love them. Lever for the aceleration Pump wrong Drilling. Thus Piston movement 17mm instead of 11mm. Made a very sophisticated special Tool. Oh my god. The new lever cost 23 €

15FCF974-3529-4CB6-88D8-2CD06D5032FF.jpeg

1307C067-4D5B-4A90-B1EA-B06957BD706C.jpeg

4038922B-B02E-4E07-831F-812D05865361.jpeg

• 4 months later...

What a year 2020. Only one upside, time for the cars.

Yes its running, but at present unable to establish a good idle.

But that will be sorted out in spring when I paln to get MOT.

Wheels will change to steel 5.5 13 Golf I GTI ones. With 185 60 13. I´m considering Yokohama 539. Any experineces?

Cheers

Martin

Polo as of Dec 2020.jpg

Well...... that looks rather good :goodjob:  Even better with the 5.5" wheels.  A539 seem well regarded but no personal experience

But seems to be some parts of the story missing....... :confused:

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Yes its running, but at present unable to establish a good idle.

You have an engine....?! :tongue: