Newbie from Vegas

surfup21

Welcome Tony!

A Herald is the USA is rare enough, but 1970?  I thought Triumph had given up importing them by then,  so some interesting history perhaps?

Anyway, you've certainly got Steve excited and he's one of our longest standing members, not the oldest in years - which i'm sure is what Craig really means........  He knows more about making Triumphs go fast than most too.

Nick

Hi! I live in Anthems. I didn't know that it was a gem until you guys mentioned it. I really don't know anything about it, to be honest. I guess I have to thank my late uncle for giving me a treasure. Will post pics as soon as I get my phone fixed.

Hi Alan, car weighs 1800 Pounds and a bit.  The headers are ceramic coated with a bake-on finish like Jet-Hot.  Don't know what it's sold as in UK.  I also coated the Weber manifolds in the same stuff to reduce pre-charge heat as much as possible.

I perceived a noticeable underhood temp reduction with the coating but it doesn't show any reduction with an IR gun.  in addition, I believe the cockpit is dramatically cooler.  

Bonneville014.jpg

Hi Steve

Sorry about the GT6 weight, its just that on the previous photo it looks like its floating in the air!

The underhood temp reduction is that in comparison to wrap or bare headers?

Was it a finish that you applied or something like 

https://techlinecoatings.com/tech-line-coatings/hi-performance-coatings/exhaust-system-coatings/

That you had to send away to get done?

Alan

PS, lovely looking Headers, shame I have a steering column running through there :mad:

Edited by oldtuckunder

LOL. i missed the joke...

The coating was much like the CermaKrome in your link above.  Headers are just silver whilst manifolds were the high shine chrome.  We have a shop nearby that does it although he's put his prices way up.  I need to check with a new guy doing wheels to see if his process is similar. 

Your column will easily clear my pipes although that side of the car gets real busy on your specs. ;-)

Now, how do we get a Herald all the way across town from Anthem to North Las Vegas for pics?

18 hours ago, GT6Steve said:

Now, how do we get a Herald all the way across town from Anthem to North Las Vegas for pics?

That depends on whether it drives or not I guess.......

Problem with the ceramic coating costs comes back to the price of the basic powder.  I think there may have been a bit of a patent fight a couple of years back which killed off the cheaper options?

Nick