Sign in to follow this  
Ade F

Nother newbie

Hi all, thanks for letting me join in. The name is Ade. I have had at least one Triumph in my life since 1986 and still own the first.

My car is a Triumph Herald 13/60 fitted with a 2.5ish engine and lots of other modifications that were incorporated in the build in the mid 90's. Sadly it has been sat in my parents garage on axle stands since 98 due to family life and a new love involving 2 wheels taking over.

Ade

Welcome Ade...... 1986 rings a bell with me as that's when I got my Herald 1200.  I've had at least one Triumph ever since, usually more or less working.

Any more details - "lots of modifications" is a bit of a teaser! And pics if you've got'em :yes:

Nick

Hi Welcome

Well its only been sat there just under 20 years, quietly maturing, My Vitesse also spent over two decades in hibernation before becoming a phoenix. One day the urge or dawning realisation that you just ain't going to bounce any more if you come off two wheels, and you will pull the covers off and remember exactly what you were doing when you stopped, only this time around you will do it better!

Alan 

Some interesting mods, are they electric window switches on the centre console? How is the twin tank arrangement set up?

I think we all want to know more :yes:

Darren

Edited by Dazman1360

I did all the work myself with exception to the external paintwork. Unfortunately after nearly a year the paint developed 'blisters' and began to lift showing what a poor job had been done. I was gutted, the paint shop had changed hands and would not honor any rectification work. Soo it was kinda parked up and left, then life became more important. 

Kids are a bit older now, but the car is still 25 miles away. I have been collecting parts for a while and storing them in readiness. CV conversion, billet calipers, injection setup and other little things.

The car was built in the 90's using parts sourced from other triumphs or BL cars. Rewired from scratch including a decent fuse and relay box. Yes there are electric windows and a few redundant circuits for a bit of future proofing.  The engine and box came from a 2500TC  with a 28% J-type fitted operating on 2,3 &4th. A few internal tweaks were made to the engine during rebuild. Vented discs and 4 princess 4 pots fitted with twin master cylinders.

As you can see it was a passion at the time, but times change. I will get it running properly, but will it ever be truly finished? I doubt it. There will always be a mod or improvement to make.

Herald5.jpg

1453496_10151757215667797_2054142731_n.jpg

Like the carpet on the seats in the engine bay! comfy!

Alan

PS. Looks good some very nice features, don't spend too much time on Sideways or the urge to get it back on the road will get you!