Sign in to follow this  
CHRIS211083

2Cv Burton Kit Car

Wow never seen one of these before. Wonder if I would fit in one. Might be another build project for the future when I finish in the Marines.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/116528721/cabriolet-citroen-2cv-burton-to-rent-in-the-south-of-france.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3D2cv

https://www.burtoncar.com/

I Love the Morgan Aero 8 but could never justify the cost of one. These can be tax exempt and low insurance cost. This one above in the Preloved add is stunning. 

Wonder if I could fit in one...........They do soft and hard tops, so can be for everyday use in summer and winter though winter is really the kittens job. 

Whats your thoughts.

Chris.

Nice looking car. Like the race one in Gulf colours. I think 2 Cv's prices have started to climb and it could be difficult finding a doner for a good price. I think the largest engine was about 600cc not sure how tuneable they are unless you would use another engine. I bet there are not many about I think it would be a great project.

Mark

Engine power ranges from 30bhp to 60bhp and engine size from 600-760cc. Your right they are on the rise in price but that doesn't bother me. I really like the shape of the car and as long as I can fit in one, I think it would be very fun to drive. All I need now is to find a rusted out donor with a V5.

Might have a buyer for the T6 but he wants me to fit a triumph unit to it so we shall see but I really fancy one of these.

Chris.

Sparrow Automotive do a BMW boxer motorcycle engine swap onto the 2CV gearbox. 90bhp, look like a good kit.

http://www.sparrowautomotive.co.uk/

Another option is a 760cc turbo kit giving 90bhp.

I think 60bhp would be enough in one of these though!!!

Edited by CHRIS211083

If you need more grunt you can always fit the flat twin from a BMW GS1100

Should be more than sufficient.......

There's a cracking post on RR by "GreencarFritz" about his hillclimb 2CV thus converted.  Poxy work computer doesn't allow me to copy the link.......

Nick

Yeah I like that one.  Almost makes me want one.  

I had a Dyane 6 (1/2 share, effectively my first car) in the dim and distant past.  It was.... old enough to have drum brakes and friction "dampers", slow, rusty, slow, bouncy, prone to unscheduled stops, slow, good on fuel, much less good on oil and did I mention it was slow......  For all that it was a fairly comfortable and very practical vehicle and possibly marginally safer than a small motorbike.  It also had a "trafficlutch" which was a centrifugal clutch in addition to the conventional clutch which meant you could potter along in stop-start traffic without using the clutch.  A nice feature which worked perfectly.

Nick