Health.....

Hope all is improving Nick, take it easy, healing is a pain in the ass for impatient types, i was climbing the walls, but its worth it in the end (he says with my gammy leg up high and wrapped in ice after hiking 14 miles yesterday around the hills in the borders, turns out i can't cope with that).

My friends and family still get together every few years to donate the 12.5 pints i needed transfused, i enjoy meeting them afterwards to buy them drinks and watch them stumble all over the place ( even the biggest of guys will be blind drunk after a few pints of giving and a few pints of receiving)! Hopefully one day i will be able to donate, however i don't think that will happen in my lifetime.

Edited by mattius

Well, a couple of units of blood certainly perks one up. Taken into the night they also make sleep difficult.  I'm really, really short of sleep.  I ought to be able to sleep on a barbed wire fence......... apparently not though. 

The excess fluid also produces interesting effects.  Possibly the catheter has been a blessing...... certainly been filling a 2L bag with surprising regularity.

probably too much detail for a car forum. - sorry! You need to kick off some more interesting threads do me to chew on rather than lying here feeling sorry for myself!

On the mend now. CT scan this Pm confirmed nothing too bad. May escape tomorrow but still borderline on blood levels.....

have slept half night. Bloody obs woke me right up. Try for second half now.

all selling errors an genealogical incomprehension courtesy of ifruit auto-scramble!

Nick

Hello Nick

I am glad things look good and you feel a tad better

This will make you laugh/smile 

I took Spitty for a last spin and to fuel up ready for the Spain/Le Mans trip got back was checking her over a saw an oil leak at front!!

It turned out to be a pin hole in the timing cover were I had welded the wear patch up!(enough braze on it to seal the Titanic! now)

So there I am with the radiator out and removing the timing cover about 14 hours before we are due to set out for Portsmouth!

We had dinner at 9 pm when she was back together and JUST! the packing to do and a quick polish etc

Went to bed at 12 got up at 3am drove to Portsmouth (no leaks) passed out in the cabin

A couple of drinks later and the black cloud has gone and I can almost laugh about it (in a maniac way!)

So Spain and Pyrenees here we come then up to Classic Le Mans what could possibly go wrong now? (I have a head gasket etc)

Wish this Daft Old Man luck

Roger

Edited by rogerguzzi

Good luck Roger, you daft old man :)

I'd probably have cheated and used JB Weld after a bit of brake cleaner given the timescale.

Hope you have really great trip. Wonderful part of the world. No doubt you'll post few pics to make me even more jealous :-)

I look forward to the pics btw

Nick

Triumphero Award of the Week to Roger.   

See you at Le Mans?  (Tertres Rouge?)

John

PS currently taking root on the M40.   S'posed to be en route for Spa, but I presume there's an accident.   Police wagon (not patrol car) just gone by, but we've not moved for thirty minutes.

20 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Good luck Roger, you daft old man :)

I'd probably have cheated and used JB Weld after a bit of brake cleaner given the timescale.

Hope you have really great trip. Wonderful part of the world. No doubt you'll post few pics to make me even more jealous :-)

I look forward to the pics btw

Nick

Hello Nick

I do not have any jb weld is the same as araldite? And as for brake cleaner I an old school and clean with celly thinners!

Just been stuck in major traffic jam and Spittys 2 nd fan came on and oil got to 95 c 

Still a bar calls now Spitty parked 4 floors underground!

Roger

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Triumphero Award of the Week to Roger.   

See you at Le Mans?  (Tertres Rouge?)

John

PS currently taking root on the M40.   S'posed to be en route for Spa, but I presume there's an accident.   Police wagon (not patrol car) just gone by, but we've not moved for thirty minutes.

Hello John

Yes we should be there on Thursday breakdowns allowing

Roger

Nick it's good to have you back, and on the mend too, I think the PC is one of the worst bits of news we all dread, I have a blood test every year, mines getting bigger although the docs happy with it at the moment. like you say we need to talk about these things, 

Thanks George. Yes, really common, though less so in 40s-50s age group. Eminently curable if caught early, so get checked out and deal with it if needed.

In spite of my un-typically rough ride through the surgery/recovery process, partly self-inflicted probably, I remain convinced that it offers the surest cancer cure and need not cause catastrophic function loss if done the right way.

Talking to my surgeon I'm told that, as happens in 40% of cases, my staging was upgraded following post surgery histology though only by 1 point. On the plus side surgical margins were good and nerves fully spared both sides, so 95% probability of a full cancer cure and should regain the majority of function.

Both my brothers (younger) are getting checked over. One seems pretty sure to be clear, the other is going to need all the checks. He's only 46......

I won't trouble you with post-op pics (looks more like RTA aftermath!) or the gory details of catheter management (surprisingly not that bad).

My advice would be to start getting your PSA checked at the beginning of your 40s, earlier even if family history. If very low (<1) then bi or tri-annual checks sufficient thereafter. The trend is often more important than absolute result.

Nick

10 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

My advice would be to start getting your PSA checked at the beginning of your 40s, earlier even if family history. If very low (<1) then bi or tri-annual checks sufficient thereafter. The trend is often more important than absolute result.

Nick, Love this bit checked at the beginning of your 40s I'm 68, and have been having an annual check for the last few years, I get it done with my yearly mot for my heart check ups, but only had the blood tests, I've not been invaded up the rear quarter yet, what made you suspect your's, when I pee I have hardly any pressure, sorry guys, I think that is a sign of enlargement of the prostate.?

5 minutes ago, oldtuckunder said:

Tomato Juice high in Iron, so maybe add a couple of Bloody Mary's a day to the diet :happy: 

Gave up the booze a while back (killer migraines). Tomato juice I like, but causes most ferocious heartburn. Sad case!