Dellorto Drla 48 – Rich Midrange

oneaves2005

Hi All,

I have recently built a few V8 race engines. One of the engines was for our car and the other two for customers, our car was very rich in the midrange on the rolling road but perfect at top end. On track the midrange pickup is sluggish compared to the other two engines which are identical with the exception of carbs - they both run weber 48's. I though that Dellorto's were supposed to atomise the fuel better giving a better midrange performance!

I need to investigate choke sizes to make sure they are not too big, I know relatively little about carbs - My question, is there anything else I can do to weaken off the midrange without weakening the top end?

Cheers

Ollie

Cause the emulsion tubes control when/how much fuel is delivered in the mid range, when the main jet fires on, how effective the air jet is in relation to main jet size and they control how the auxillary venturi talks to the main jet stack. You need a tube with more holes or thicker o/d to lean it out then increase main jet and decrease air jet etc.

The emulsion tubes are the most vital part of the jetting, any monkey can change main jets and air jets but the tubes are usually overlooked somewhat.